hired 24 times on Thumbtack
I am a full-time professional guitar and music theory teacher with over 25 years experience in teaching beginning thru advanced level acoustic and electric guitar lessons, covering numerous musical styles, to people of all ages
I am Thumbtacks highest ranked, most hired and most reviewed guitar teacher. Additionally, based on customer surveys, both Yelp.com and Thumbtack.com have ranked me Number One among Orange County/Long Beach Area guitar teachers in customer service and satisfaction for the past four consecutive years. While I am proud of these achievements, I am even prouder of the results and the success I have achieved over the past twenty-five plus years of training and producing quality guitarists who achieved or exceeded their guitar playing goals.
I provide each and every guitar student the highest possible level of personalized instruction, individual attention, mentorship, service and support. I am dedicated to the success of my students, passionate about teaching and playing guitar and I have a well balanced combination of qualifications, expertise and experience that enables me to teach all levels of guitar and music theory very effectively.
As your Guitar Teacher I also assume the responsibilities of Guitar Coach and Guitar Mentor:
As Your Guitar Teacher
* I will impart the knowledge and skills through instruction and example that will enable you to correctly play the guitar and understand what you are playing
*. I will provide you with every conceivable resource you need to make progress. This includes a wide range of supporting material, backing tracks, information and tools that will allow you to get the most out of your time.
* I will customize your lessons to address your musical needs and goals.
* I will train you to play the guitar using the most efficient way for you to reach your guitar playing potential.
* I will regularly review, evaluate and, when necessary, adjust your training plan based on your current rate of progress and abilities.
* I will teach you according to your personal learning style and learning pace.
* I will ascertain that you understand the theory behind every playing skill you are taught.
* I will train you to apply new skills and knowledge to your ever increasing skill set and knowledge base.
* I will focus on results so that you can progress to higher playing levels as quickly as possible.
* I will ascertain that you will leave each lesson as a better guitar player than when you arrived for it.
* I will provide free telephone and email support to you between lessons whenever you have questions, need some help on something we covered in a lesson, or anything else that pertains to your lessons and your training.
As Your Guitar Coach:
* I will work with you to establish a playing technique that is autonomous to your playing style and based on your skill strengths and music genre preferences.
* I will make sure that you stay focused on the task at hand as well as on your goals.
* I will identify and correct weaknesses in your technique if and when you are having difficulty progressing to a higher level of playing.
* I will train you to correctly apply new skills and knowledge to your ever increasing skill set and knowledge base.
* I will facilitate your continuous high levels of motivation and self confidence.
* I will train you in time management, organization and utilization systems that will ascertain that you to get the most out of your practice sessions.
* I will guide and monitor you every step of the way as you progress to higher and higher playing levels and the eventual achievement of your guitar playing goals.
* I will ascertain that you never lose sight of what your full potential is as a guitarist.
* I will monitor your playing style development to ascertain that it is autonomous to you and that you are not subconsciously copying the playing style of someone else.
* I will advise you on equipment selection that is best suited to your playing style, the style of music that you want to play and to your current and projected future playing ability.
* I will train you how to use the settings on your equipment to achieve a sound that best compliments your playing style and the kind of music you will be playing.
* I will regularly review your practice schedle and, when needed, suggest changes so that all of the elements that you have learned so far are practiced and not forgotten, or that more time be spent on one thing and less time be spent on another.
As Your Guitar Mentor:
* I will always make sure that you see the full potential in yourself as a guitarist and musician.
* I will facilitate your development as a guitarist and musician by providing you with the motivation, inspiration, guidance, support, encouragement and advice as well as sharing my knowledge, experience and insight with you in order to enable you to reach your full potential and achieve or exceed your musical goals and aspirations.
* I will encourage you to play at recitals, open mic, jam sessions, etc.
* I will offer my help and support when you are preparing to play at a recital, audition, a venue where there will be a larger audience than you ha¬ôve ever played in front of, or your first outdoor performance.
* I will offer you advice and help on how to make good decisions pertaining to anything that is relative to your training and development as a guitarist.
My Students Tend To Learn Fast And Progress Quickly Because:
* Student goals are well defined.
* Students are motivated to learn fast and progress rapidly. Students are motivated by (teachers roles as) coach and mentor and they strive to please them by learning fast and progressing quickly.
* Lesson plans are well designed and individually tailored to each student learning style, learning pace and personal goals.
* Lessons are effectively organized and well presented.
* I ensure that my students make progress by providing them with every conceivable resource they need to make progress. This includes a wide range of supporting material, backing tracks, information and tools that will allow the student to get the most out of their time.
* Students benefit from the high levels of personalized instruction, individual attention, service and support that I provide to my students.
* I am a full time guitar teacher first and a musician second.100% of my time is devoted to my students. I am not encumbered by a non-related day job or by tours, concerts or other commitments that demand my time. There will never be a scheduling issue that could have an impact on your progress and continuity of your lessons.
* I communicate clearly about music at the students level so that the student is can more easily understand what is presented in lessons.
* I am a positive thinker with an extrovert personality. Students are motivated by my positive attitude plus my passion for playing the guitar is contagious.
* I use a linear approach to teaching pre-requisites of various elements of music theory instead of teaching the pre-requisite in parallel with the music theory element. This approach makes it much easier for the student to understand the material being presented.
* I train students to apply each new skill and music theory element to their existing skill set and knowledge base. This ascertains that the student completely understands what they have just learned and will better and more quickly understand what they will learn next.
* I facilitate students continuous high levels of motivation and self confidence.
* I maintain an open door policy where students may call me between lessons with questions or for help at no additional charge.
My guitar lessons are informative, interesting and enjoyable. You will always leave a lesson as a better guitar player than when you arrived at the lesson. I have logged thousands of teaching hours over the course of my guitar teaching career and I know what does and what doesn't work, so I'm not going to waste your time or bore you by teaching you things that are not relevant to your guitar playing goals.
If you are a beginning guitar player just starting out and you are lucky enough to find a good beginning guitar teacher, then you are going to have to find another teacher when you reach a playing level that is greater than what your beginning guitar teacher can teach. I teach all levels of guitar and music theory from beginning to advanced levels. If you start beginning lessons with me you will never have to look for another guitar teacher again.
In-Studio Lessons are $40 per weekly, one-hour lesson when four lessons are paid for in advance, or $45 for a single lesson. That's like a raindrop in a bucket of water when you consider that each and every one hour lesson will result in countless hours of enjoyment in playing the guitar for many years to come. You will never find a better return on investment than that. I encourage you to "try me out" in an introductory lesson for only $40. Prices include all texts and materials.
Guitar Lessons By Rick Ellis. Your best choice for guitar lessons in the Orange County and Long Beach areas.
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
- DOJ Smart Search verified
- Address verified
- Email verified
- Thumbtack reviewed
- Facebook verified
- Twitter verified
- Website verified