Q. Describe the most common types of jobs you do for your clients.
A. Most often my clients are women dealing with Personal Growth Transitions such as divorce, depression, adult children, career re-entry. In these challenging times they often feel "stuck", "lost", "confused" and "don't know what to do next" or "don't trust my decisions".
I help them find their center and strength by putting the negative self judgements they hold into a larger context and more realistic perspective.
I empower them by teaching them skills for stopping the negative self talk, reality checking their fears, validating their strengths and giving them tools to raise their Self Esteem.
I guide them inward to their own voice of Truth and Wisdom - which is stabilizing and strengthening - with Life Visioning, Meditation instruction, Love Letters and assignments that clarify their connection to Life and to their unique Spiritual Beliefs.
Q. Describe three recent jobs you've completed.
A. 1) My client came to me immediately after a suicidal depression. She hated her family and didn't know what to do about her career. Her progress was fast and steady because she was ready to grow. At the end of a year working together she had healed relationships with her family members and they became sweet support when she was diagnosed with BC. She was so grounded and centered at this point, that she walked through three huge surgeries, chemo, hair loss and radiation with a smile that inspired others. She was never afraid, never a victim or a survivor ... she simply knew she was experiencing opportunities to love and be loved, to learn and grow. She is well and happy today with a renewed career she loves and a family that is working together to plan a wedding.
2) A middle-aged, multi-racial, Gay, Professional man came to me because he was sliding into another major depressive episode some time after the end of a long term relationship. He was familiar with this downward spiral as he had been suffering from chronic, low-grade depression (Dysthymia) and periodic, situational Major Depressive Episodes all of his 40+ years of life that he could remember. Over a period of about 18 months we thoroughly cleaned out his belief system, looked at the internalized homophobia, sorted out the fears about working with straight men, re-arranged his beliefs about employment vs. independence and built a supportive community relationship that strengthened his Spiritual core. He now has tools to use and skills that support him so that he can resist, avoid or manage depression invitations without losing his hope, interest, energy, motivation or Faith in himself and Life.
3) A former client referred her sister who, like her, was dealing with Low Self Esteem and some depression due to her inability to achieve her life dreams of marriage and family. We spent about 10 months sorting out her beliefs about her self and relationships, what she had learned from her parents relationship and from being the eldest of several, close-in-age siblings. She found more flexibility of acceptance than she knew she had, learned to look ahead at the possible results of new decisions and actions, put to use the lessons of a close look at her relationship history and learned to love and value herself without judgement, criticism or apology. She stumbled upon a perfect match for her and is now happily married, moving forward in her career as she had dreamed of and is planning her family in fresh ways with a perfect partner for her.
Q. What advice do you have for a customer looking to hire a provider like you?
A. Call for a Free Consultation. The only way to know if a coach is right for you is to make a connection. And don't be afraid to ask for support ... if we were meant to be here alone, there wouldn't be so many of us here!
Q. If you were a customer, what do you wish you knew about your trade? Any inside secrets to share?
A. Coaching is a specialty niche. There are no licenses or qualifications or governing boards over coaches. Anyone can be a coach because they say they are, so, If you have a certain specific thing you need coaching on, look for someone that specializes in that thing. If you are looking for professional, personal coaching for your life, call Stanlee Panelle Personal Coaching!
Q. What questions should a consumer ask to hire the right service professional?
A. What kind of education and training qualifies you as an expert?
What do you get from doing this work?
What sort of experience do you have in the area of my interest?
How can I expect to get results with you?
What recourse do I have if I don't feel satisfied with what you offer?
How will you display approval and disapproval of my work?
Q. What important information should buyers have thought through before seeking you out?
A. 1) Know that the changes desired are changes YOU must make - they are not made by the coach.
2) Be prepared to do the internal work regularly and consistently, that makes the shifts and changes you desire.
3) Understand that it probably took a long time for you to get where you are and that it will not likely be a quick fix to change that.
4) Don't expect your Coach to work harder for your goals than you.
~ you are the most important person in your life;
~ your life is your biggest priority and responsibility;
~ everything of value to you, you invest in and care
~ you are the most valuable possession you own!
6) Hiring a Coach/Counselor is an important step in achieving what you want from your life. Choose someone you feel comfortable with and willing to trust. Choose someone you feel you can question and challenge - not someone that requires blind following.
7) Be aware that your Coach/Counselor wants to help you but they cannot do so if they are unable to support themselves, their business and pay for their education and training. Be prepared to pay a reasonable price for life changing expertise.
Q. Why does your work stand out from others who do what you do?
A. This is my calling; my Life Purpose; What I was born to do and it took me a lifetime to gather all my experience and tools so that I can provide authentic wisdom, guidance and support to others. I do deep, personal, life supportive work. Our work together is definitive as it provides you the tools and skills needed to continue growing on your own.
I am a Wise Woman, Intuitive, Spiritually connected and centered while fully grounded in daily living. I have had a lifetime of personal experience as well as being in positions all my life of observing and listening to others. My education and training is extensive. I walk my talk with my clients.
Q. What do you like most about your job?
A. There is nothing more rewarding than to witness genuine, life changing epiphanies happen in my clients that fill them with excitement, hope, light and Joy!!
My work reminds me daily, that every minute of my own life's Journey has been meaningful and valuable. There has been no loss, no harm, no suffering in the long run.
Q. What do you wish customers knew about you or your profession?
A. The business of helping people with their lives is odd. There are more people in my field that do not belong in it and should never be allowed to influence others, than there are really good, ethical and sincere professionals. People go into this profession because they are good at bossing people around (wrong!!); because they think they know what's right for everyone (wrong!!); because they need to control things and can't maintain other professions (wrong!!); because they have problems they want to solve of their own (wrong!!); because they are really poor at relationships and use their work as thier social life (Wrong!!); ETC!
We are required to get extensive education and training and then licensing or certification ... yet our work is essentially unregulated. Once the doors are closed and you are alone with your Coach/counselor the entire process is in your combined hands!! There are no text books that talk about YOU. There is no supervisor that has the answers about YOU. What you get from your chosen coach is what they have to give - from their reasons for giving - through their interpretation of all that they have experienced. It's very subjective!!
BE AWARE. Do not give yourself over to that person. Remember that you know what is right for you and if it doesn't feel right - it's not right. If it feels right and works for you - great!! If you cannot question or challenge your Coach/Counselor without being chastised, labeled or avoided ... run away and find someone else!
Q. How did you decide to get in your line of work?
A. All my life people had said: "you should be a therapist", "you should be a counselor", etc. In may ways I did that, but was never interested in institutional education, higher degrees or Psychology. Instead I worked in natural health care education, career counseling, cosmetic/hair/beauty pageant consulting and other such people oriented work.
My choice to become a professional Counselor was a late life decision based on default opportunity. Because of a series of circumstances I found myself back in college at 50 years old. At that age, with no material assets I realized I would be working for the rest of my life, so I needed to find something that age would not hinder and aging would not end. I figured I could sit and talk with people until about 10 minutes before dead! I have always loved my relationships with people, my time and sharing with people more than any other activity, so this felt natural and like it made good use of my personal style and preferences. The second week of my MFT program I fell in love and knew I had finally found myself - my calling!
Q. Do you do any sort of continuing education to stay up on the latest developments in your field?
A. I am always studying Spiritual Enlightenment, Social Consciousness, Cultural movements, Coaching and Counseling methodologies.
I go to workshops, seminars, classes, groups and conferences as much as time permits.
Q. If you have a complicated pricing system for your service, please give all the details here.
A. As I teach my clients, I have placed a value on my time that makes me feel comfortable in considering my investment in getting here and what I could be doing with my time if it were not "sold". This basis is my hourly fee of $250.
Being very empathic and people oriented I like to package my services - my time - in ways that create a win-win for both my clients and myself. If I can count on a regular monthly retainer that's good for my financial stability ... I reward that agreement by equalizing every month regardless of the number sessions in it. If my client is willing to pay for a period time or a complete package of sessions or a long-term group in advance, I reward that trust and personal investment with a nice discount because it also saves me time, energy and money in bookkeeping!
I also reserve the right to do pro-bono work whenever possible, to take on low fee clients I know will benefit greatly from the work I can do with them ... and in order to do so I must expect those that can afford well priced services, to pay for them fully.