Q. What advice do you have for a customer looking to hire a provider like you?
A. Internet marketing is a specialized profession, just like an electrician or plumber. While many advertising providers, such as Google, Yahoo, and Facebook, are attempting to make it easy for small businesses to get a "quick start" in search and social media, many business owner are discovering that they too need a professional when handling such a complicated task.
Q. If you were a customer, what do you wish you knew about your trade? Any inside secrets to share?
A. Fang Digital Marketing is committed to demystifying the practices of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Paid Search Marketing (PPC), one of the oldest forms of internet marketing yet still one of the most misunderstood. Most people are convinced that the rankings of websites and web pages in organic search results are either the work of complex formulas and equations that are far beyond their understanding, or pure black magic that mere mortals will never comprehend.
We are here to tell you that while the technology behind the results for search engine results are quite complex, the practices for making your website “search engine friendly” are neither complex or some form of dark art. Over the past 16 years, Fang Digital Marketing has honed in on the root causes of the problems that can cause poor search engine rankings for your sites.
We start by providing you with a detailed SEO, PPC, or Social Media Audit that outlines the various issues that may be holding your organization back from its proper place in organic or paid results. Once completed, the Audit provides strategies to attack the issues keeping you from appearing in relevant searches for your brands and products.
Although these strategies may be completed by an in-house team or another outside agency, in most cases, our clients request that we implement our recommendations. We can provide assistance in content writing, link building, and other related services either through our own agency staff or via our partnerships.
Q. What questions should a consumer ask to hire the right service professional?
A. 1. How long has your agency staff been handling pay-per-click marketing?
Fang Digital Marketing's lead consultant has been in the internet marketing business since 1995, as long as anyone can claim to have been practicing this form of marketing.
2. How many dedicated account reps do you have managing PPC and SEO campaigns hands-on?
Fang Digital Marketing is a virtual agency that can grow to the size needed to keep its customers happy. Rather than having a giant stuff of people with nothing to do, our pros come and go as needed, keeping our overhead down and your costs down.
3. Do you offer other services (web design and development, etc.), and, if so, what’s the ratio of people who work on those services to those who focus on PPC or SEO?
Fang Digital Marketing specializes in search and social marketing, while providing consulting services in a variety of other disciplines at our customers' request.
4. How active will you be in sharing data with me and my organization?
As active as you wish us to be. Some clients are heavily involved in the numbers, others just want to know that they're making money. It's up to you.
5. Does anyone at your agency specialize or have experience doing PPC in my particular business niche?
Our staff posses a myriad of experience in a wide variety of business types.
6. Do you offer services across multiple PPC platforms, or just AdWords?
While we often recommend that our clients start with and master Google AdWords, we can expand into other search engines at our clients' request.
7. What standard reports do you provide, and what types of metrics will I be able to ask for “on demand”? Will I have independent access to reporting?
Our reports are all about how you are making money as a business and how cost effecient the advertising we're managing for you is making that money for you. Some clients enjoy a more complex report showing keyword level data; others simply like knowing that they are showing a positing return on investment (ROI).
8. What types of tools do you use to manage campaigns and generate reports? Are they proprietary? If I were to switch agencies or move PPC management in-house, what would happen to my campaigns and the processes and reporting you’ve put in place?
We use many off the shelf tools that are easily transferable to other agencies.
9. What if there are specific tasks or components of my campaigns that I want to manage in-house while you handle other components? Is that possible? How do you typically handle that situation?
We tailor our work with our client to their needs.
10. How do you determine which metrics and goals equal success for my PPC program? How do you plan to work with me to refine and ultimately reach those goals?
When it comes down to it, being in business is all about making money. While the goals that lead to making that money may be different from businesses to business, Fang Digital can hone in on the most important metrics to track to ensure you aren't focusing on the wrong numbers.