Q. What advice do you have for a customer looking to hire a provider like you?
A. Some of the key qualities we look for in clients to make sure we are on the right path to a successful working relationship are offered below to help you determine if a partnership with JoLain Virtual Assistant Services might work for you.
The Ideal Virtual Assistant Client:
1. Clearly defines goals as well as time and financial restraints.
2. Communicates expectations and requirements clearly and concisely.
3. Freely shares all information that is necessary to complete the project.
4. Ensures availability to answer questions.
5. Plans ahead to help meet deadlines.
6. Expresses concerns and voices criticisms constructively.
7. Provides feedback.
8. Respects the Virtual Assistant’s areas of expertise.
9. Takes appropriate action to help the Virtual Assistant do an outstanding job.
Q. Why does your work stand out from others who do what you do?
A. I am a seasoned office professional with 40+ years of broad experience in business administration, project coordination, and administrative management. I am a detailed, analytical, and creative problem solver with a deep respect for privacy and client confidentiality. As a small business owner myself, I not only have a vested interest in making sure my clients’ businesses are growing, I have a better understanding of the small business arena than either permanent or temporary employees.
Q. If you were advising someone who wanted to get into your profession, what would you suggest?
A. There is much involved in becoming a virtual assistant. The best thing one can do is research the industry, then decide if this is the career for you. There's a lot of helpful information on the Internet. I suggest you visit the IVAA web site. That's a good place to start. And, consider becoming a member of one or more online virtual assistant organizations such as www.ivaa.org and www.sevag.org. As a member, you will have access to a ton of extremely useful information as well as connections to some seasoned and very knowledgeable virtual assistants.