Q. What advice do you have for a customer looking to hire a provider like you?
A. The "lowest price" does not equal "best deal."
The "highest price" does not equal "best DJ."
Look for the best value. Look for a DJ who will give you the best price for their best services. Look for a DJ who will LISTEN to you. You are the client, and your event is the center of attention - not the DJ. Look for a DJ who will GIVE you the services you are looking for. The DJ doesn't decide everything, but the DJ should be able to steer you in the right direction by giving good advice while still listening to you.
Any other questions/concerns, feel free to ask us!
Q. If you were a customer, what do you wish you knew about your trade? Any inside secrets to share?
A. All clients should know that there is cheap equipment and quality equipment. For example, we use QSC speakers, Numark mix, and Shure microphones. Quality equipment should allow for conversation while music is playing. Quality equipment should have clarity of sound - at any volume. On the other side, we have all heard cheap equipment. Simply take a home-based system and turn it up. Do you hear that buzzing noise? It may be quality for home, but it is cheap equipment for a DJ.
Q. What questions should a consumer ask to hire the right service professional?
A. 1. Do you offer a written contract?
2. Is the person I'm talking to my DJ or a representative of the DJ?
3. Can we meet in person before signing a contract?
4. Do you do pre-event meetings and is it included in your fee?
5. How long have you been a DJ?
6. How many events (wedding, birthday, etc) have you done?
7. How many events do you work each year?
8. What was the last event you did? and when?
9. Do you agree to more than one event/day?
10. Are you familiar with our venue?
11. Do you emcee? Can we provide our own emcee?
12. What do you do if no one is dancing?
13. Do you have references or testimonials?
14. How do you keep your music current?
15. When do you arrive and when do you take down?
16. Do you have insurance?
17. What do you wear to events?
18. Do you require a deposit? How much?
19. What is included in your fee? Are there extra costs (eg, travel)?
20. What kind of equipment do you use?
Q. What important information should buyers have thought through before seeking you out?
A. Before seeking DJ services, you should have already found a venue. Working with a venue to ensure your event goes smoothly is very important to a good DJ.