Q. What advice do you have for a customer looking to hire a provider like you?
A. Anyone can set up a website, so we recommend that you talk to anyone you're considering inviting to your special event! You aren't ordering pizza off of a menu. You're hiring entertainment to interact with the most important people in your life.
Make sure you reach a live person who can share what they do and send samples of their work. If you cannot reach them by telephone, you may have no idea how they interact with people. We love talking to our customers. But that's not all...At A Touch of Magic, we let you TRY BEFORE YOU BUY! The samples you see are from our award-winning artists! You'll love our customer service on the phone, and you'll love the artistry we provide to your guests!
Q. If you were a customer, what do you wish you knew about your trade? Any inside secrets to share?
A. Entertainers are a dime a dozen! Most party planners don't know that just because there is a website, it doesn't mean that the person coming to their event is a professional! Some companies will advertise the work of individuals who don't work for them. Likewise, they'll advertise elaborate work, without letting the customer know that at their event, they will only be getting the simple stuff. Ask the right questions and you'll be confident that you're getting what you want. At A Touch of Magic, Inc,. we ask the important questions to ensure that we're recommending the perfect entertainment for your event.
Q. What questions should a consumer ask to hire the right service professional?
A. The following questions will help you to compare apples and oranges.
1. What are your credentials? (Find out how they were trained, how they were introduced to this industry, what they do to stay at the top of their field.)
2. What kind of products do you use? The children and teens we paint won't care that all of our products are FDA compliant, Hypoallergenic, Cosmetic-grade, Professional Face Paint... but YOU will! If the company you're using won't tell you the name of their products, then buyer BEWARE! If they tell you it's "non-toxic", that's not enough. Tabasco sauce is also non-toxic, but I wouldn't rub it on my children's skin.
3. What kind of insurance do you carry? Make sure any company you're working with can provide PROOF that you are covered in the event of a mishap.
4. How long has the individual coming to MY party been doing this? Many companies have been around for a long time, but you want to make sure that the individual coming to YOUR event is equally experienced.
5. Can I see samples of MY artist's work? Every artist has a different style and approach. You deserve to be able to hand-pick your entertainment. Don't just go with a company's portfolio. Make sure that the artist YOU want is available for YOUR event!
6. How many people can you reach per hour, and what will the designs be? Make sure that you are hiring enough entertainment for the end result you want.For example, if you want all 30 kids to be painted like tigers, then you will need more than 1 face painter in an hour.
Q. What important information should buyers have thought through before seeking you out?
A. Decide what kind of coverage you want. You would never hire a caterer and say... "I'm expecting 50 people, but let's only have enough food for 40. I'm sure some people won't eat". Sounds ridiculous, right? But people do that all of the time with children's entertainment. "Oh, we don't need much... just a face painter for an hour", without any consideration that an hour may not be enough. Also, many people want to cut corners on their entertainment, without recognizing that the corners they cut may be the difference between having a professional, reliable, safe, friendly fast face painter, versus someone who was only hired last week with no experience. You get what you pay for!
Q. Why does your work stand out from others who do what you do?
A. We are blessed to have made a career out of bringing smiles to peoples' faces. This is more than a job. This is a way of life! In the Twin Cities, there are other really great face painters, and we're privileged to call them "friend". There are also those who are only in it for the money, or for the temporary means of a job. We stand out because we LOVE what we do! Over and over again, our loyal, repeat customers tell us that they can tell the difference between professional children's artists and entertainers, and part timers or hobbyists. We stand out because we have better training, a higher commitment, which means better value for YOU!