hired 5 times on Thumbtack
Mon-Fri: All day
State-Licensed Home Child Care - 24 hours a day
* Open 24 hour a day } Monday-Friday
* Call or message for more information on openings.
* I will update daily.
Reviews and testimonials are below.
Sometimes, I do not receive messages/requests for free quotes. If I do not get back to you in a couple of days, please call me. For more information, Google search "Chapel Family Child Care".
Hi, my name is Sheryl, and I have been caring for children in my home for 17 years. I have been a licensed in-home child care provider for 11 years. I have cared for many children over the years. They come to me as infants/toddlers, and I get to watch them grow into independent little preschoolers.
I am more than just a babysitter. "Babysitters" aren't child care providers. I wanted to be someone parents could count on being there when they needed quality care for their children.
I am always continuing my education by ending workshops and seminars intended for childcare providers. Myself and everyone living in the home have to go through rigorous criminal background checks/child abuse checks, fire inspections, and health department inspections before receiving a state child care registration/license.
Everyone living in the home must also have a physical. I am re-licensed every two years. This requires a new application and a physical exam. A visit from a licensing specialist happens randomly.
In the morning, when everyone is arriving, we have free-choice time. That is when the children choose activities. Then we have group time/story-time. Before lunch, we go outside to play in the locked fenced-in yard. Weather permitting, we will eat outside on the covered patio. A little after lunch, we all have nap time/quite time. After resting, we have more free choice time/table time. Snack time follows, and then free play before departure.
We have a laid-back atmosphere, and the children enjoy our home as if it were theirs. It is a very clean, child-safe environment. Infant toys are washed daily. All other toys are washed weekly or as played with. Potty chair is disinfected after each use. Bathroom is disinfected weekly. Tables are sanitized after each use. Door knobs, floors, bedding, etc. are cleaned and sanitized weekly. Hands are washed frequently. A clean environment means happy, less-sick children. I use child-safe cleaners recommended by the Department of Public Welfare.
Being a mom, I know how difficult and uncertain finding childcare for your child can be. Ask lots of questions and never be afraid to speak up! I know your child will love it here!
A little about us below:
About our establishment
* Bethlehem township home, close to 22, 33 and 78
* Large, fenced outdoor play area/swing set
* Clean, safe and child-friendly environment
* Smoke-free home
* Children are cared for on the first floor, not basement
* No-shoes policy - "Children's shoes off at the door, babies and toddlers on the floor"
* Hours of operation : 24 hours a day
* Overnight care is available.
* Open Monday to Friday, year round
* Ages: 6 weeks to school age
What we have to offer:
* Nutritious meals and snacks are provided.
* A daily schedule
* Lots of educational activities
* Circle time/Story time
* Children are taught ABCs, number, color, shape and writing skills
* Coloring, games, singing, dress up, Play-Doh, chalk, construction play, puppets, music, bubbles, etc.
* Infants are held during every feeding and throughout the day.
* Mixed-age groups encourage children to learn from each other, and more closely resemble a family dynamic.
* Free play - helps develop socialization and sharing skills
* Walks in the neighborhood - we have a quad 4-passenger stroller
* Individual ention
* Assistants in potty training
* A quiet place to nap
About Sheryl (Sherri) Chapel, child care provider:
* State registered by Dept. of Public Welfare, certification ID# CER-00033744
* 17 years' experience with in-home child care
* Associate degree from Keystone College
* Keystone Stars - Star One recipient
* 6 to 8 hours of training a year to meet Keystone Stars and DPW requirements
* Trained in pediatric CPR and medic first aid
* Very dependable
* Child abuse and criminal history clearances
* References are available upon request.
Benefits to you and your child:
* Your alternative to centers
* Small group of children to ensure one-on-one ention
* Fewer sicknesses
* No weather-related closings or delays
* An open-door policy
* One person to bond with
* No staff turnover
* No need to carry bag everyday; extra outfit and misc. items are kept on premises.
* Subsidized child care eligibility
* No start-up or registration fees
* Rates are very reasonable
Please feel free to call or email anytime with questions, or to set up a time to visit. Limited space is available.
Chapel Family Child Care
Valley View Rd.
Bethlehem, PA 18020
This is your home away from home, where your child is safe and having fun while you work.
Philosophy on discipline:
Yelling, hitting and spanking are never used as a form of discipline. I understand that little ones are learning their boundaries, and those no-no moments are inevitable. I always kneel to eye level with the child, state the no-no (inappropriate) behavior, and then introduce and explain appropriate behavior for the child to implement the next time a similar situation arises. The children are constantly praised everyday for good behavior, because I know that positive reinforcement encourages positive behavior.
Philosophy on teaching:
I believe young children learn by playing. They further their language development by storytelling. They improve their social skills while working together. Socialization skills are increased as children learn to play creatively and cooperatively with a variety of materials. Children learn respect for each other by resolving conflicts, waiting for their turn, and putting their things away.
Philosophy on toilet training:
I will always encourage using the potty. But I usually will not start training until it has already begun at home. I never force a child to potty train. It just won't work!
3315 Valley View Rd.
Bethlehem, PA 18020
- Background check
- DOJ Smart Search verified
- Social security verified
- Name verified
- Address verified
- Phone verified
- Email verified
- Thumbtack reviewed
- Facebook verified