Q. Describe the most common types of jobs you do for your clients.
A. Dissertations and Theses, Novels and Non-Fiction Books, Admission Essays and Personal Statements, Product Brochures and Advertisements, Business Documents, Correspondence, and Resumes
Q. Describe three recent jobs you've completed.
A. 1. Dissertation on Energy Policy Formulation - 55,000 words, MLA style, Complete Editing without Comments with Rush Delivery. This client came to use in a situation that is similar to many of our other clients with a dissertation or thesis needing to be edited. She had worked with her advisor to get her content to an appropriate level but still needed to have it edited, and needed to have the editing completed in a very short time frame in order to present it to her review committee. We were able to meet all her requests.
2. Novel Chapters - 4,900 words, Basic Proofreading with Normal Delivery. This was from a repeat client who initially had us edit his entire novel with our Complete Editing with Comments service. As he is reviewing our recommended corrections and feedback, he is making corrections to the text and having us proofread them to make his novel ready for publication.
3. Clinical Paper on Nursing - 1,400 words, APA 6th edition style, Complete Editing with Comments with Normal Delivery. Editing for the APA style (both 5th and 6th editions) has become one of our more highly demanded services. In many cases, our clients' advisors and professors are sticklers for having their documents adhere perfectly to APA. We have developed a strong reputation for being able to provide this for them.
Q. What advice do you have for a customer looking to hire a provider like you?
A. 1. See how long the company has been in business.
2. Verify whether the company is accredited (e.g. with the Better Business Bureau).
3. Ask yourself whether the testimonials on the provider's website sound genuine.
4. Avoid providers whose prices are significantly lower than their competitors.
5. See if the provider offers a free sample edit and/or offers samples of the provider's work.
6. Verify that the provider offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee, and that you can pay by credit card.
Q. If you were a customer, what do you wish you knew about your trade? Any inside secrets to share?
A. Many clients have come to us, sadly, from having been disappointed by other providers not actually qualified to offer professional editing and proofreading services. Any qualified editor/proofreader should be able to provide free sample edits and/or samples of previous work, as well as a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Q. Why does your work stand out from others who do what you do?
A. We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of our work. We offer among the fastest turnaround times in the business at competitive rates, and no one can match the quality of the insight and feedback we provide with our Complete Editing with Comments level of Service. In addition, we are able to explain the rule (and provide a reference) for every correction we recommend. Finally, we have established a solid reputation over several years for providing high-quality work to our clients.