What is your typical process for working with a new customer?
The following phases explain the processes we take to fully understand your indoor environmental concern.
1. Initial Survey - IndoorDoctor's process begins with your inquiry. During our initial conversation we will gather facts regarding your chief concern. Important preliminary information includes first an explanation of your concern, its adverse health effects, its onset, and the people affected and their previously diagnosed conditions; and second the layout of the property and the defined areas of concern, history of repairs or improvements to the property, and most importantly, your goal for the inspection. Next, you will schedule an assessment. An IndoorDoctor specialist will make every attempt to meet your schedule and deadlines. Our rapid response will enable you to gain solvency and peace of mind in the least amount of time possible. Before our visit, we will outline the pricing options. There are no hidden charges.
2. Assessment - On the day of the assessment, our uniformed specialist will verify your goals for the evaluation and testing. We will tour the property before using our calibrated, state-of-the-art testing equipment to take the prescribed diagnostic readings. During the inspection, the IndoorDoctor inspector will be glad to explain the function and specifications of each testing instrument.
3. Sampling- During the assessment phase, the inspector will take the appropriate type and number of samples needed to diagnose your environmental issue. During the sampling process, The IndoorDoctor specialist will continue to gather key diagnostic data. He will note the conditions that affect the sample on a chain of custody sheet that will accompany the samples to the laboratory.
4. Processing -After collecting the samples, the IndoorDoctor specialist will review the initial findings, give a general impression, and discuss the expected turn-around time with you. Our specialist will then send the samples and the chain of custody document to be processed at a third party accredited laboratory.
5ReportingAs soon as IndoorDoctor receives the laboratory results, the specialist will generate your customized report. If any imminent health concern exists, the specialist will notify you immediately. All IndoorDoctor reports recap the observations and technical readings taken during the inspection, interprets and translates the raw laboratory data into common terms, explains the significance of the results, pertinent standards, and guidelines for the contaminants of concern, and, if needed, details a corrective action plan.
6. Consulting - Follow-up consulting services are available upon request.Our process does not end until you are satisfied. We are glad to assist if you need help interpreting the report or if you would like additional clarification. Our expert consultation extends to your needs and our flexible schedule allows for timely quality assurance testing should you require any remediation.
What education and/or training do you have that relates to your work?
Bachelor of Science, Environmental Engineering, United States Military at West Point
Masters of Science, Environmental Engineering, Southern Methodist University
Council Certified Indoor Environmental Consultant (CIEC)
Accredited Asbestos Inspector
Certified Mold Inspector
Certified Water Damage Technician
Certified Mold Remediator
Certified Indoor Air Quality Technician
Certified Mold Assessor
How did you get started doing this type of work?
Passion for understanding the indoor environment and helping people with their indoor environmental concerns
What types of customers have you worked with?
All customers, concerned family members, people suffering from allergies, illness, want peace of mind as to the healthiness of their homes, doctors concerned about their patients living environment, realtors, moms, dads, concerned parents, teachers, homebuyers
What advice would you give a customer looking to hire a provider in your area of work?
1) Is there a conflict of interest? Does the inspection company conduct remediation. We do not. There is no conflict of interest with IndoorDoctor.
2) Credentials - Our credentials are second to none in the industry
3) Speed - We make every effort to see you quickly and get you the results in short order. Usually within a few days.
4) Clarity - Our reports are easy to understand. We communicate in layman terms so that you don't have to research or be a scientist to understand our reports.
What questions should customers think through before talking to professionals about their project?
1) Are you concerned about the healthiness of your indoor environment. If so we can help answer your questions with unbiased onsite diagnostics and independent laboratory analysis.
2) Timing. What time constraints do you have.
3) How long does the process take? Our evaluations typically range between 1-2 hours.
4) When can I expect the results? Normally within 3-5 days.