Anita and her husband recently moved from Southlake, Texas to Dallas. Before the move, Anita turned to Thumbtack to find a move-in cleaner. Anita had previously used Thumbtack to search for a mover and says she “thinks of Thumbtack every time she wants to get something done.”
Less than 24 hours after submitting her request for move-in cleaning, Anita received introductions to five Dallas-based move-in cleaners, with custom quotes ranging from $60 to $165. Anita quickly decided to hire Danett of Naturally Clean for $120.
Anita hired Danett because “She offered eco-friendly products and a reasonable price … her reviews on Thumbtack were phenomenal.” The cleaning went really well, prompting Anita to leave a five-star review for Danette. “Danette is efficient, on time, and friendly! … She brought her own cleaning supplies and got every nook and cranny. I like that she uses natural ingredients.”
Customer: Anita Demla
Thumbtack Professional: Danett of Naturally Clean
City: Dallas, Texas
Service: Move-in Cleaning
Here are a few things that made Anita’s experience so positive when hiring a move-in cleaner on Thumbtack:
- Be specific when completing the request form. Anita took the time to note that she was interested in cleaners who could bring their own eco-friendly supplies. She also mentioned that her house would be clear of furniture.
- Ask follow-up questions after receiving quotes. Anita asked Danette whether she would be coming with another cleaning pro. Danette responded saying that it would just be her, and that it would likely take her 4-5 hours when cleaning alone.
- Mark your pro as hired. Anita indicated that she had hired Danette. Marking your pro as hired lets the other pros who quoted know that you’ve decided to hire someone else.
- Inform the cleaner of any logistical details. Anita let Danette know that she could park on the street in front of her townhome. Anita also sent her cell phone number to Danette in case Danette needed to reach her on the day of the cleaning.
- If you are satisfied with the move-in cleaning, ask about recurring cleaning services. Anita asked Danette whether she could clean on a weekly basis after the move-in cleaning. Danette responded with her availability and pricing info.