Thumbtack is coming to Austin! Well, yes, we’re technically already in Austin—but we’re stepping up our game this summer so look to see us all over town and at local events around the city. Our goal is to help Austinites get more done and have more fun this summer – with the help of local small businesses and skilled professionals.
Yep, we love ATX – and Austin loves Thumbtack too. More than 80,000 Austinites have used Thumbtack to hire 10,000 skilled professionals to get more than 100,000 projects done. That adds up to more than 5,500 events catered, 4,000 bodies toned, 6,400 music lessons taught and 60,000 homes improved!
Some other fun facts about how Austin gets things done on Thumbtack:
- Austin is full of artsy people with approximately two times the supply of photographers as the national average.
- Austin is also really into food with two and a half times more requests for cooking lessons than national average and the demand for personal chefs is 50 percent higher in Austin than in Texas overall.
- Austin has the smartest and most well-behaved dogs, with more than double the supply of dog trainers than the national average.
- Austin loves live music – and it has almost double the supply of guitar teachers as the national average.
- Austin cares about its homes with more than two and half times the number of requests for fence repairs and maintenance and porch remodeling than the national average.
- Austin loves golf with more than double the number of requests for golf lessons than national average.
Here are some of the other ways Austin is using Thumbtack to get personal and home projects done: