Ricky W. Ive been using Gain Fitness for 2 weeks now. It reminds me of Uber limos years ago - bringing the "personal trainer" luxury to the middle-class. Gain fitness makes me feel like a rich celebrity with a personal trainer who does regular HOME VISITS!!
1) I like how I can now workout from my home. I am much more likely to maintain my workout schedule. No more smelling like sweat on the bus with other sweaty people at 6PM. No more bringing gym bags to work. No more showering at the gym. No more commuting 20 min to the gym on a Sunday afternoon.
2) My trainer (Matthew) is a certified personal trainer! When I was on a work trip last week he setup a hotel friendly (i.e. bodyweight) workout for me. I also like how I can text him anytime if I have trouble with a workout. Matthew also happens to live 2 blocks from me (I'm in SF), so it makes home visits very easy.
3) It REALLY helps to stay motivated when you have a trainer (real person) who you meet once to few times a month. In theory I can ask the trainers at my old gym for help too, but maybe I was too embarrassed. At the gym they always try to up-sell you stuff. In fact, they build their business by having you pay and then rather you never visit?!?!
1) I would say that the app is 70% done. I found some small bugs here and there. Also, some of the animations can be clearer.
2) I would like to be able to attach photos and videos in the chat with my trainer. Right now the messaging is text only.
I emailed Gain Fitness for a special deal where I pre-paid 9 months and received a set of free home equipments ($300 value). I end up paying about the same cost per month as my old gym membership (~$70). I would recommend investing $200 on a home gym if you have nothing.