6. iHandy, an InStyle Loft Designs Company
- 7 years in business
- 62 hires on Thumbtack
- Serves Garden Grove, CA
"Kevin Ghazarian worked with me on a variety of prominent projects at my home. In all aspects from budgeting, design, planning and organization of the construction schedule, he was a tremendous asset. On each home improvement he displayed exceptional qualities of creative-problem solving, fortitude as a leader and task-master and attention to detail in design and craftsmanship. I am very pleased on how well the projects turned out, which is due largely to his professional contributions.
Highlights of projects are described as follows:
1. Interior painting of several rooms and kitchen. The design motif was a traditional Tuscani color scheme. The original and uniquely beautiful architectural elements such as the curved kitchen cabinets, wordolf walls, crown mouldings, bay windows and fire place mantel pieces were individually painted separate colors. This was challenging in its multi color design and tedious attention to painting the details. In two rooms alone there were 15 different colors used, all of which had to be the perfect color and hue.
2. Installation of wood floors. A beautiful distressed antique wood flooring was installed in the kitchen, pantry, bathroom and large family room.
This involved subfloor demolition, removal and replacement, and the detailed installation of wood flooring and moulding. The hard, back breaking work required a number of workers managed by Kevin. As a result, the work flow was systematically optimized and driven until the projects completion. Kevin was a relentless task master and has many skills as a talented worker.
3. Electrical rewiring of bathroom and hallway. The old wiring was faulty and insufficient and new wiring was pulled and replaced. All ceiling light fixtures, electrical outlets and switches were chosen and installed. A 3 way switch system was a necessity and was devised quickly and installed correctly to code by Kevin. This all required the knowledge and skill of a trained electrician.
4. Construction of exterior deck. This project involved much post production planning and design. Trek decking materials, sub deck foundations, metal piers, treated lumber of all sizes, and all the special screws and bolts needed to be estimated and purchased for this large construction project. Unlike a simple rectangular shape, this deck was complex in design with multiple angles, levels and steps. Cutting perfect angles and lengths of Trek decking were a necessity in order for this deck to turn out as provocative and beautiful as it did."