I am an experienced High school Biology Teacher. My hourly rate is between $30-$40
Please refer to my resume below for my education and past experience.
Science/Substitute Teacher, Dec 2002 - Present
Unified School Districts, Orange and Los Angeles Counties, CA
• Taught science and math classes.
• Developed and implemented lessons aligned with students' individual needs interests, and learning styles.
• Implemented a variety of teaching strategies to promote critical thinking.
• Utilized audio-visual aids to enhance student learning.
Laboratory Associate II, Feb2002 - Dec 2002
Quest Diagnostics Inc., San Juan Capistrano, CA
• Matched human chromosome images using a karyotyping software.
• Accurately processed 20 cases per day.
• Demonstrated knowledge of ideograms and band levels.
• Calibrated light microscopes.
• Recorded and compiled karyotping tests results.
Administrative Assistant, Sept 2000 - Feb 2001
Facility Department UCLA, Los Angeles, CA
• Helped resolve complaints.
• Established filing systems.
• Received work orders over the phone.
• Generated invoices.
• Entered data on excel and answered phones.
Biology Teacher, Sept 1999 - June 2000
Vefa Anatolian High School, Istanbul, Turkey
• Taught Biology and English lessons.
• Counseled students’ science club.
• Implemented a variety of assessment tools to evaluate students' learning.
• Introduced audio-visual aids to enhance student learning.
• Mentored students to develop and maintain positive self-esteem.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
Bachelor of Science Degree in Teaching Biology
Marmara University, Istanbul, Turkey
Professional Designation in Marketing
UCLA Extension, Los Angeles, CA
PROFESSIONAL TRAININGS/ MEMBERSHIPS
Complex Instructions, Computer User Educators,
Specially Designed Academic Instruction in English
Former Board of Director, Orange County Turkish American Association
Former Debate Club Member, Marmara University