"Hello guitar students and music lovers,
I am excited to continue expanding my online guitar lessons so that I can reach as many of you as possible! 🌏😃 I'd love for you to join my community of students and come onboard Guitar Lessons with Jesse Marseille.
Guitar may be a totally new adventure for you, or perhaps you've taken lessons in the past but didn't see the consistent growth you'd envisioned. I'm here to guide you with those firsts steps or to help you work past whatever obstacle you are running into.
I've identified some common obstacles that guitar players run into early on, maybe they are familiar to you:
1. You figured out how to read guitar tabs for a few of your favorite tunes but it didn't feel like you were really learning the instrument.
2. Nobody explained the proper technique for holding the guitar, holding the pick, or maintaining posture, so your fingers or wrist hurt, making the whole thing a PAIN.
3. You learned some open chords but want to be able to play melody in between them.
4. Music theory was explained in a way that simply did not make sense or add value. This was frustrating because you have learned lots of other difficult concepts from books or in school. “Why is music theory so hard…?” Trust me this is not your fault, it’s just that music theory has to be broken down into manageable chunks. It might seem scary at first but I promise we will succeed here.
5. It doesn't make sense for you to go to music school, but you're still serious about getting good at guitar. The trouble has been finding a teacher or program that fits your budget and schedule, while still offering a world class experience.
I know some of these challenges can slow down growth or make students feel like they might not break through the barriers they are facing. I've been there myself, and I have focused for many years on developing the best methods for easing students from total novices to confidant and engaged guitar players.
From the first session, you'll be on track to you have fun and make consistent progress. Each student will be guided through a custom curriculum made up of a catalogue of learning resources we have developed in-house. Each aspect of learning guitar, from chords and scales to practice strategy, have been broken down and consolidated into lesson plans that we will provide to you electronically. Each week, you'll build out your custom curriculum with pre-made components, helping you stay organized and able to track your progress.
I love teaching students of any experience level, and have lesson materials for any goal or question you may have. What is a note? How do I strum a chord? Should I learn to read music? How do I produce my own music? Should I drop out of college to pursue my band? (maybe)
I work with each student as an individual and craft a program that fits your experience level, schedule, and goals. The details of everyone’s lessons will be different, but the value the same; you will have everything you need to succeed with guitar.
That about covers it. Thank YOU for your interest in pursuing guitar. It provides so much to anyone who gives it an earnest shot, and it is my absolute favorite thing in the world. I'd love to book you for a FREE intro session on Skype so don't be shy, shoot me a message and we can connect for a trial lesson. I know we'll have a great time and you'll feel like you really got some value.