7. Jerry Conca
"I have been working out with Jerry for nine years. After having a false heart attack from stress when I was fifty, I decided to find a trainer. I needed an appointment for health, otherwise, I would not do it on my own.
Those first years Jerry respected that I was just not ready to deal with my weight and was exercising to destress. Although, when the time came, he got me down over 50 lbs. Unfortunately, one of the gifts of cancer treatment was to gain that back and then some. Jerry works with me to be strong during chemo and keeping my spirits up. So we start again on the weight thing. (Let's face it, Jerry isn't in control of my fork and mouth disease. That would be me.)
I would be so much worse without him.
Why is he the best trainer I've ever had? Why have I followed him to different gyms?
1. He doesn't train by rote. i.e. one training fits all. He assesses your needs, limitations and goals.
2. He keeps himself educated, knows the body and nutrition thoroughly.
3. Again, he trains to your needs not his. (If you've had bad trainers you know what I mean.)
4. He keeps the training sessions interesting with a variety of workouts. (I joke, that you could give Jerry a length of string and a brick and you'd be sweating your workout.)
5. He knows when to push and when to back off.
If you want to make a difference in your life and keep an appointment for health. Do yourself a favor, do it with Jerry."