"We first met their team when a salesman cold-called us. It took us a while to make a decision about what we wanted to do, but once my wife and I decided to move forward, working with Shmuel and his team was excellent. I can't say enough good about them.
The project involved removing a bathroom, adding a bathroom, removing and remodeling a kitchen, adding hardwood floors, adding a gas line, upgrading an electrical box, moving HVAC ducts, wiring and hanging a chandelier, tile for a fireplace and mantle, and painting. There were structural walls that needed to be modified.
They promised to get the job done in six weeks, in time for an important family gathering we had planned. We were skeptical, but bet on them, and they came through.
In any project of this size, there will be unforeseen issues that come up. In all of those cases, Shmuel was excellent to work with. Some examples are:
- Once we saw the lighting in the new kitchen, we wanted an extra light over the sink. He tore-up some of his work and added it and charged us for the hardware only.
- We wanted a cabinet added by our front door and another by our laundry room. He added it to the work without question, and charged only for the hardware.
- We decided we wanted to replace the stair railing. He helped us find bids from railing experts, and charged us the bid without any contractor markup. The extra work disrupted his planned work schedule, but he worked around it to make sure we were still done on time.
- The vent over the kitchen range appeared too low to us, even though it was within code. He replaced and installed the cabinet with something smaller. No charge.
- With all the demolition, he accidentally lost our Nest thermostat. When this was realized, without any questions or me having to ask, he apologized and picked-up a new one, at his cost.
Some other examples of the excellent service:
- Shmuel and Shalhevet helped us pick paint colors and pick kitchen appliances and cabinet styles, traveling to a number of stores with us. My understanding is that most contractors would just tell you to pick something and leave you to figure out the details.
- They allowed us to live in our home during construction. At the end of each day, they spent time blocking-off areas and moving equipment (as required by code) to make the site safe for our children. He could have easily just insisted we spend a month in a hotel.
- All the little things. For example, we never discussed replacing the flooring HVAC vent covers; he bought beautiful new ones that matched the wood floors we chose. We never discussed replacing outlet faces, but he felt it wasn't right to repaint and leave the old worn outlet faces.
They are highly recommended!"