Latest Review: Powerhouse provides value for the work performed, and they are flexible. Originally, we were going to refinish the floors in four rooms, but we discovered that we were happier with having one room refinished, and the other three rooms carpeted. The company was able to accommodate our desires.
We dealt with nine different people associated with Powerhouse including people who analyzed the ability to
* Remove squeaks without damaging underlying hardwood floors (not possible);
* Floor refinisher;
* Molding installers;
* Estimate carpeting size;
* Minimize the amount of carpeting to select;
* Selecting the carpet that best fit our needs;
* Purchasing carpet and padding (different vendors);
* Carpet installation;
* Cleaning; and
* Moving heavy furniture, as needed.
There were little things that needed to be adjusted, and Michael oversaw different crews who worked with us to make the required adjustments.
Personnel were courteous, knew their business, kept appointments, and did neat work. Prices were reasonable. We will use them again.
The following is not related to Powerhouse, but are two hints that may be useful to you:
1. If you refinish your floors, there is considerable smell from the varnish. If you leave wet coffee grounds in the room, and baking soda in a separate dish, it will help to absorb the smell.
2. I painted one of the rooms myself, and I found that using the new high-quality 3/8" nap rollers did not work as well as using Purdy rollers.
See all reviews