We provide positive solutions for your family during a difficult period in your lives.
Our services include the following:
* parenting agreements
* separation and property
* settlement agreements
* support agreements
* antenuptial agreements
* reconciliation agreements
* parent-child agreements
* cohabitation agreements
Mediation is a voluntary, flexible, non-adversarial and confidential process for resolving your divorce or other family law issues, with the help of a neutral mediator who will assist you in reaching an agreement. Jackie is not a judge or arbitrator and cannot force anyone to do anything. Any agreement which is reached must be acceptable to both parties. You and your spouse retain complete control over your family law matter, and can be far more creative than the courts in designing a solution that works for your family. The entire tone of mediation is one of working together to reach a solution, rather than trying to vanquish or destroy the other party. There is usually great power in the negotiation and discussion by both parties together in a neutral setting.
What is mediation and how does it work?
· Mediation allows both parties to identify, negotiate and resolve the issues raised by the decision to divorce.
· Each party will have an opportunity to ask all their questions about the process, and decide if mediation is right for them. A detailed agenda is formulated that includes gathering of relevant information, clarification of issues, identification of hot button items, draft settlement terms, cooling-off periods, and a resolution process. Each topic, such as alimony or holiday schedules, is discussed separately, so that the task of creating a complete agreement is broken down into manageable pieces.
· Firm ground rules are established and the mediation takes place in a confidential environment so that emotionally charged issues can be talked about safely. You will be provided with informational hand-outs about the mediation process, and all forms are explained and information needed to accomplish a property settlement. We help both partners gather necessary information and review it systematically.
· At times, Jackie lets the parties shape the negotiation; other times, she will guide their discussions. She will often formulate solutions that are more creative than the courts and more closely fit the needs of both parties.
· When both partners are part of the process of creating parenting agreements and financial distribution plans, there is a better chance of meeting the needs of the entire family. Mediated divorces have a higher rate of satisfaction and long-range cooperation, and a lower frequency of costly returns to court.