Did you know there are nearly 45 miles of nerves that run throughout our bodies? Over 7,000 of those nerve endings are found in our feet alone!
Through continual sessions in acupressure/reflexology therapy, clients can reduce everyday muscle tension, improve blood circulation and stimulate endorphins, which are our natural pain relievers that help reduce stress, depression and anxiety.
Unlike acupuncture, which uses needles in its therapy, acupressure/reflexology practitioners use their fingers, palms, elbows, feet and sometimes devices as an alternative to needles in order to apply pressure to several points along the body's meridians. This technique not only treats the energy fields of the body, but also the mind.
Acupressure/reflexology further helps those who live with the following:
- Back pains, including slipped or herniated disks
- Headaches and muscle spasms
- Accident-related injuries like whiplash, spine, or sciatic nerve pains
- Plantar fasciitis or heel pain
- Postoperative discomforts
- For cancer patients and chemotherapy relief
- Curves nausea
- Reduces stress, anxiety and depression
- Sports-related injuries and sprains
Besides its focus on areas of pain and discomfort, acupressure/reflexology is known to also help with preparation steps for many forms of competitive training athletes.
Whether if it's a triathlon, Jiu Jitsu match, mixed martial arts fight, cross fit or body builder competition, this long-time traditional Chinese practice will improve your health, and increase vitality in all areas of your life.