I have used Caro Construction for four major projects now, and I wouldn't hesitate to hire them for all of my future jobs. This is a brief outline of some of his work for me personally from 2011 to present:
1. Apartment conversion: I had need of carpentry services to remodel and convert a large apartment I own into two smaller units. This required putting up walls, creating a new entryway and hanging doors, planning and installing a kitchen, and remodeling a bathroom.
2. Kitchen gut/remodel: This job was instigated by a water leak and an insurance claim, but we had the kitchen gutted to the studs and joists from the ceiling down. Mr. Caro worked in tandem with my insurance adjuster to handle the job on my behalf before I arrived in person to see the final result. He was very professional and the results were fantastic and economical.
3. Frozen pipe insurance claim: I had a hot water baseboard heating pipe in the wall burst in the middle of winter in one unit of a 4 unit apartment building. Mr. Caro once again worked in tandem with my insurance company to make repairs to the affected second story unit as well as the unit immediately below. This repair required subcontracting for plumbing repairs and flooring replacement, tearing out and replacing walls, insulation, and a ceiling. The job was done very quickly and very well, and when part of the insurance claim became an issue (some materials were not replaceable due to age - ceiling tiles from 1960) he worked with me to creatively and economically resolve the situation.
4. Replace front entryway stairs and porch repair: The entry to my 4 unit apartment building had stairs that were not mounted correctly below the frost line and they moved and rotted as a result. He tore the stairs off, leveled the entire structure, made some minor repairs replacing some floor boards and all rails, and built a new, level, much better staircase.
5. Many miscellaneous repairs and interior remodeling and finish work: over the years of getting great service from Caro Carpentry, I came to depend on him for all my maintenance and repairs for both my house and my 4 unit apartment building.
I have found him to have excellent communication skills, accurate bids, and hes very honest and pleasant to deal with. He was very professional in his dealings with me, with other contractors he brought in for specific stages of the work in progress, and gave frequent progress reports as well as communicating the next steps during the entire process. I was very pleased with the end results of all my projects. The quality of his subcontractors was also such that I have used several of them several times for other jobs, as well.