3. Atkins Paving, Inc.
- 19 years in business
- 29 hires on Thumbtack
- Serves Boynton Beach, FL
"Very courteous and professional salesperson but unfortunately I was not as lucky as all the other reviews on thumbtack with the end result.
My residential driveway of 550 sq ft is a mess. In my opinion, they either used low quality asphalt, wrong equipment, did a rush job or all of the above.
1) The edges are all crooked & uneven,
2) The asphalt is coming off on several areas.
3) If you rub your foot on the asphalt all the asphalt rocks come off.
4) My wife's high heels sink into the asphalt. (3 weeks after installation)
5) The asphalt has white marks all over it apparently they turned the presser around on the sidewalk and stained the driveway. Salesperson said "It will eventually come off"
His solution is to put more asphalt on top of the already messed up driveway.
Salesperson offered lifetime warranty for an extra $300 (bad sign) and last minute he also increased the original price $100.
Unfortunately I am out $1,600 and in order to properly fix this I will have to hire a company to rip out the entire driveway and do the job correctly.
Here are photos of the job: