In summary: Greg made it his personal mission to restore my faith in contractors, and he has done so beyond any expectations I had!
We have tackled a few significant construction projects over the last 5 years and this has by far been the best experience we've ever had with a contractor, bar none.
Details of our job included: Adding a half bathroom in an existing addition and painting throughout most of the house. The bathroom entailed specialized plumbing needs, electric, framing, vent work, drywall, texture and paint.
My favorite parts about this experience have been:
1) Greg runs his business like a business; from educating clients on code for each area of the project, to using software for quoting purposes (which creates details and transparency the customer wants to see), to adhering to committed time frames. It is so nice to work with a fellow professional, who "gets it"! It was obvious fairly quickly that we were dealing with a business person, not just a contractor, and that makes for a very positive experience.
2) His demeanor. Greg first and foremost listened to what we wanted and was able to guide us through the mechanics of how the job needed to be approached for building code purposes, as well as to ensure the end product is what we really wanted. He did significant research on our particular property and situation prior to presenting the quote, and immediately created a level of comfort with his knowledge of the needs of our situation. I even had another contractor say they couldn't do this job, when in fact it just took some creative thinking. Nothing is too big a request for Greg, either he's done it already or can figure out what works!
3) He respected our experiences and met us where we were at with regards to bad prior experiences. He provided many references for me to call first, and truly listened to my concerns so he could provide comfort along the way and consistently prove that we would not be burned as in the past..
4) He KNOWS WHAT HE's DOING. Every challenge we had, Greg had an answer for and was spot on!
5) Greg has wonderful communication skills, and integrity is obviously important to him, with both a professional reputation and personal character to uphold to his customers. Being overly communicative is a trait that you cherish in a person who is at your house for full days, weeks in a row.
6) Pricing was competitive despite all of the above, which seems to good to be true. Greg manages overhead strategically, and is able to charge fairly. He is also aware of great places to obtain materials outside of the normal modes of purchasing.
I honestly cannot say there was one bad aspect of my experience, and with a job of this size/complexity that is quite unbelievable! I'd recommend Greg enthusiastically for any construction or remodel job you have, and will be adding my contact information to his list of happy references you can call!