Jo'Ah May is one of the leading makeup artists in Treasure Coast Florida. Recently, she has added the esteemed title of "facial therapist" to her credentials as well.
After college and moving to Florida, Jo'Ah began to hone her onstage presence. She became an accomplished belly dance performer and fire dancing performer throughout South Florida at different venues and clubs. She also became part of a theatrical pirate re-enactment group. She had long battled with a personal struggle with acne prone skin, which led to horrific breakouts, leaving some discoloration and scars behind. Her oily skin kept her makeup sliding off her face left and right. It was time for a solution.
All the years of being in front of people and wearing stage makeup contributed to her current life launch. She applied makeup to herself and fellow performers and developed a knack for it. After some encouragement from friends and family and noticing her love of making skin beautiful, she decided to go to school to learn more.
From there, she worked to develop her own line of cosmetics and corrective skincare.
As of 2010, her credentials include the following:
* Alpha Institute of Massage & Skincare, Port St Lucie, FL
* Academy of Glam, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
* Robert Jones Beauty Academy, Dallas Tx, online
* Boca Beauty Academy, Boca Raton FL
* Missouri Southern State College, Joplin, MO
* Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College
Jo'Ah's works include the following:
* Lead makeup artist for PGA Girls night out fashion show 2010
* Lead makeup artist for West Palm Beach's Caribbean Festival fashion show 2011
* Fall back cover print ad for Palm Beach Lifestyle Magazine, Venezuelan Women's Olympic swimmer campaign ad
* Summer issue of Child Model magazine
* Featured in Dark Beauty and Surreal Beauty magazines, The High Intensity Calendar Bikini Models and various model shoots with area photographers
* She also does selected bridal makeups for the general public and teaches makeup courses
Jo'Ah Artistry is proud to announce the launch of their own line of skincare and cosmetics! It's been over four years in the works.
Her skincare line works immediately to positively correct skin issues, such as brown spots, wrinkles, loss of firmness, redness, blemishes, and light scarring using super concentrated medical grade ingredients. It's formulated for all skin types and contains no mineral oils, no parabens and no harsh filler ingredients.
Her cosmetics line is divine. You'll see that blush colors resemble those from Nars or even Mac. The eye colors and lip liners are stage proof, fire eating proof, and waterproof. This is made by a makeup artist for people who want to be their own creative artist.
The sleek labeling is meant to be gender neutral while still being sexy and "Haute". It looks great on vanities and counter tops. No need to hide them! If you look closely at the "H", you will see a cursive "J" hidden in the "H", for Jo'Ah.
All products are cruelty free. They are never tested on animals.
Fully licensed and insured as a makeup artist and facial specialist in Florida, Jo'Ah has a treatment room for clients to get their microdermabrasions, peels, facials, shop for products and get makeup applications done. You may call or email to set up an appointment!