27 year old professional musician Casey Crogan has been rising as a first-call drummer for performance, instruction, and studio session work in the Atlanta area over the past 6 years. Within that short time, Casey has toured the country several times over, recorded with countless regional, national and local artists, and has gained a positive reputation in the Atlanta community as a unique, innovative, and passionate drum teacher. Casey has experience teaching ages 5-65, from private to group lessons (Casey has been a camp counselor for Summer Music programs). Casey can travel to you, but he prefers teaching from his home drum studio (with 2 drum kits for enhanced visual learning)!
Based within a fun, relaxed context, Casey has developed a natural teaching method that focuses on learning and understanding the building blocks of drum set playing, familiarizing and connecting these building blocks, and applying them to individual expression. He has the ability to take nearly anyone without prior drum set or rhythmic experience, and, within days, turn them into beat-playing drummers.
His approach focuses on the following:
* having fun
* building an understanding and relationship with each drum
* the basic rudimentary foundation of drumming
* how to approach the drums, hold the sticks, set up the drums, and tune the drums
* basic mechanical techniques
* development of each limb
* learning how to read basic drum charts and play to them
* learning and playing the most significant beats and patterns in the history of drum set
*how to play in a band
*learning your favorite songs
* gaining the ability to effectively teach oneself how to improve as a drummer