We initially hired Brookstone Construction Group to do the landscaping to our front yard. Little did we know at the time how impressed we would be with Raymond and Rob, that we'd hire them to complete other projects we had in mind.
At the start, we had taken down 8 trees in our front yard. A mess was left behind with a ton of sawdust and a fairly large hump in our front yard where the low stumps still resided. We had the idea of having them level it out and have brand new sod laid. During the consultation, we realized from their education that our plans were not the most cost efficient as completing the job we intended would have been really expensive. They threw some ideas and suggestions at us and we shared some ideas of our own. What we came to was:
- Build of a retaining wall.
- Backfill with new topsoil.
- 2 pallets of new bermuda sod laid.
- Small, low maintenance plants planted in the area where the topsoil was laid to cover up the stumps.
- Mulch and plants installed into flower beds in front of the house.
The work was completed quickly and with a high amount of quality. We could not be more pleased with the result. It turned our front yard from an eyesore to a gem we are proud to call ours.
We were extremely impressed with the result, they we consulted with Raymond and Rob on a deck replacement as our current deck was on it's last legs and was an extreme safety hazard. Again, we collaborated ideas and took their ideas and very well thought out suggestions and came up with a plan. Here's what we got as a result.
- Removal of old shoddy deck.
- Installation and build of a 25x12 SOLID wood deck. This deck is incredibly sturdy.
- Addition of support beams to our existing screened porch.
- Installation of plastic rainguards undernearth a section of the deck so I can use to store outdoor equipment without fear of it being wet.
- Installation of a slide onto the deck for our kids.
- Installation of decking boards to be used instead of lattice
- Steel rebar to be used instead of pickets.
It turned out to be better than I ever imagined. What we have now is a deck where my family and I can enjoy to our hearts' content.
We have further projects we've hired Raymond and Rob for. We have a custom french door installation to go into the home office. We are also getting them to replace our gutters and add top of the line gutter guards.
Raymond, Rob, and his crew are experts to anything home construction related. They probably have forgotten more than we will ever know. They also keep continuing their education to know what current trends are and go above and beyond code to ensure top quality results. Professionally, I believe this is where they stand out the most. Most other companies we've worked with do not offer their expertise and education. They will tell you what they think and will give well thought and compelling reasons why. They ask the right questions to garner thought and feedback all for the sole purpose of getting the customer what they're after at a fair price.
When it comes to pricing on their work, they are not the most inexpensive nor the most expensive. However, I truly believe their pricing is properly fair. Everything is transparent. They don't throw in extra costs just to run up the tab. As the project evolves, there are certain things that cannot be accounted for upfront and will add some extra to the bottom line. They do handle this extremely professionally and with open and direct communication.
We'll no doubt be contacting Brookstone Construction Group first with any additional projects we have in mind.