Music Matters School of Music, located at 222 E. Wilson St. Batavia, IL, encourages our students to explore all areas of music. We offer piano lessons, drum lessons, guitar lessons, voice lessons, violin lessons, cello lessons, saxophone lessons as well as lessons for any other percussion or orchestral instruments.
We serve students from Batavia, St. Charles, Geneva, North Aurora, Elburn, West Chicago, Aurora, as well as many other cities within the Fox Valley and western suburbs of Chicago.
The benefits of being a Music Matters' student are as follows:
* Guitar, drums, piano, voice, violin and more in the same location
* Save time by scheduling multiple instruments for the same day -- We offer the most popular instruments: drums, piano, voice, guitar, and violin, Monday-Saturday.
* Over 20 university-trained teachers teach you what you want to learn -- Our teachers are university-trained or have the professional equivalent after years of playing on the road. Our teachers understand that everyone has different goals, and we customize your lessons to meet your needs. All of our teachers love teaching and sharing music with people of all ages and abilities.
* No long-term commitments -- All of our private lessons' students are on a month-to-month basis. You can start lessons at any time and withdraw at any time.
* Two optional, low-pressure recitals every December and May -- Our students have the opportunity to participate in our recitals. Here, they can share their music with the Music Matters community, friends and family. Students are not required to participate except those who do really want to have fun. By having recitals, students learn about goal setting and creating good practice habits.
* Large parking lot, two lounges, and a children play area -- Music Matters has plenty of off-street parking for our community members. We also want you to be comfortable while you're with us. We have leather sofas and plenty of magazines in our lounges for you to relax and enjoy.
* Office staff to assist you with your needs -- Our friendly office staff is here to answer any questions you may have. If you have billing questions, need to reschedule lessons, or just want to let us know how lessons are going, we are here to help.
* Quality instruments, amplifiers, and professional teaching studios -- We have spared no expense in providing our students with professional teaching studios to assist them with their lessons. Each studio has stereos, amplifiers, and recording-studio-grade foam insulation. Music Matters has the largest collection of percussion instruments, so that our students can explore all that percussion has to offer. We are constantly renovating our studios to make sure they meet the needs of our students.
* Student appreciation night -- Every May, we hold a large carnival in our parking lot for our students to enjoy. Free food, games, prizes, live music and the highlight of the night, the dunk tank, can all be enjoyed by the Music Matters community.