What should the customer know about your pricing (e.g., discounts, fees)?
All costing is based on a unit price system. Each project is different and once the design is approved by you we put a scope of work together which defines the items included in the project broken down based on material, labor and allowances. This system is updated during and after each project.
Our business model makes us the only company that is willing to share with you any cost savings earned by good vendor negotiations.
What is your typical process for working with a new customer?
WHAT USUALLY HAPPENS FROM THIS POINT ON?
My major goal is to get the right design, scope of work and pricing developed quickly so you can make an informed decision about your new project. Our first consultation will be at your location approx 1-2 hours in duration. We will discuss the company, your goals, investment level, and the process along
with approx. start date. We will take an assessment of the pre-existing conditions of your property along with detailed measurements and photos. This process usually takes approx 2-3 meetings to get to the point where you will know three key things.
The project design, scope of work items included and the cost.
What education and/or training do you have that relates to your work?
I grew up in the industry by the time I was 18 yrs old my father and I built three of the homes I lived in as a child. I spent 25 years using as hammer as a carpenter. Also have been designing and building additions since 18 years old.
How did you get started doing this type of work?
I was raised in a family that was in construction. By the time I was 18 we had designed and built 3 homes. So from a small boy I learned the ins and out of the business!!
What types of customers have you worked with?
Room Addition Design
Family Room Additions
In Law Suite Addiitons
Light Commercial - Residential Architectrual Design
What advice would you give a customer looking to hire a provider in your area of work?
Look for a firm that can provide you with these key items.
1. An Architectural design that is what you want and will enhance your property from a lifestyle and investment standpoint.
2. A scope of work that completely defines what is being done on your property.
3. A detailed cost analyses of the complete project based on the scope of work. Including allowances for product not yet chosen.
4. A list of reference's with contact info so you can talk with them!
5. A certificate of insurance
6. Look for someone that you feel comfortable doing business with.
What questions should customers think through before talking to professionals about their project?
1. How much do I want to invest in my property?
2. Do I have or can I get the funds to build my project?
3. When do I want project to start and be completed?
4. What type of project am i considering?
5. Do I use an Architect or save money and use a design-build firm?
6. Do I have an idea of what I want to accomplish?
7. Do I know how to choose the right company to work with?