I offer the following services:
1. Disassemble items, masks areas adjacent to those being refinished, and remove accessories using hand tools to prepare for finishing.
2. Remove old finish and damaged or deteriorated parts, using hand tools, abrasives, or solvents.
3. Fill cracks, blemishes or depressions and repair broken parts, using plastic or wood putty, glue, nails, or screws.
4. Treat warped or stained surfaces to restore original contour and color.
5. Smooth and shape surfaces with sandpaper, pumice stone, steel wool, or chisel.
6. Wash or bleach surface to return to natural color or prepare for application of finish.
7. Brush, spray, or hand rub finishing ingredients onto and into grain of wood.
8. Finish surfaces of new furniture pieces to replicate antiques by distressing surfaces with abrasives before staining.
9. Examine furniture to determine extent of damage or deterioration and determine method of repair or restoration.
10. Select appropriate finishing ingredients such as paint, stain, lacquer, shellac, or varnish for wood surface.
11. Mix finish ingredients to obtain desired color or shade of existing finish.
12. Stencil, gild, emboss, or paints designs or borders on restored pieces to reproduce original appearance.
13. Polish, spray, or wax finished pieces to match surrounding finish.
14. Replace and refurbish upholstery of item, using tacks, adhesives, softeners, solvents, stains, or polish.
15. Spread graining ink over metal portions of furniture to simulate wood-grain finish.