How much does it cost to install a fence gate?
Adding a gate to your fence can be a practical way to provide access to a yard, work area or outdoor living space while ensuring safety and privacy. Gate installation costs will vary based on the gate material you select, the size of your gate, whether you install a fence at the same time, and any special features you’d like to add. Standard opening size for a single-wide gate is 4 feet; a double-wide gate is 8 feet. A small gate may be for decoration; a double-wide gate can be mounted on a rolling caster system to allow access for cars or wide loads. Here are some examples of average fence gate installation costs:
- 4-foot, single-swing chain-link gate: $100 for materials and installation costs.
- 28-foot wheeled chain-link gate on a caster system: $800-$1,000 for materials and installation costs.
- 4-foot, single-swing wood gate: $75.
- 8-foot double-wide wood gate: $150.
- 4-foot white vinyl walk-through gate: $300–$400 for materials and installation costs.
- 8-foot, double-wide white vinyl gate: about $800 for materials and installation costs.
- White vinyl gate fence more than 8 feet wide: $1,200-$1,500 for materials and installation.
- Arched black powder-coated aluminum pool gates: $175-$200 per gate.