Under the direction of Dining Services, our catering/wait staff
provide a superior food and beverage customer experience to
faculty, staff, students and guests of the college during all
events and activities supported by Vicks Catering.
Responsibilities are shaped largely by the requirements of each
unique event. Wait staff assist with room setup, preparation,
cleaning and breakdown.
1. Set up facilities for events including tables, dishware,
glassware, silverware, linens and other amenities according to
the event order requirements and manager's direction. Establish
pre-function side work to be performed. Ensure all equipment is
accounted for and in good condition. Assist in breaking down
after events and returning all event items to proper location.
2. Know the menu for each function and be able to explain the
major ingredients and preparation methods for each item to be
3. Serve in a timely manner. Promote and maintain the highest
level of customer service to all guests of Vicks Catering Dining Services. Resolve guest complaints within scope of authority.
4. Maintain clean tables and banquet areas and an organized
linen storage area.
5.Determine when a guest should not be served
additional alcoholic beverages in accordance with Michigan State
Law and College policies. Maintain records of liquor consumption
for specified functions, as directed.
6.Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
1. Prior wait staff experience preferred.
2. Must possess a valid driver's license.
3. Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally
and in writing.
4. Must be friendly and outgoing with excellent hospitality
skills and able to maintain a positive and professional manner
through duration of shift.
5. Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and a
keen attention to detail.
6. Ability to hear and follow verbal instructions and work
effectively in a noisy environment.
7. Ability to work well around a large number of people.
8. Ability to work well with people in a team environment.
9. Ability to function in a fast-paced environment under short
time constraints, and within established deadlines.