What is your typical process for working with a new customer?
1) Free consultation and mini lesson
2) Set schedule for how many times per week they wish to study
3) Business Manager meets with them and shows them options for prices;
4) Confirm and start lessons next week or when available to start
What education and/or training do you have that relates to your work?
1) Santa Clara University - Piano and Vocal Studies with operetta of
"Amahl and the Night Visitors." THE JUILLIARD SCHOOL - Voice
2) Study and choirs in Australia, The W. AUSTRALIAN OPERA: Gilbert Sullivan;
3) Bachelors at NEW YORK UNIVERSITY CUM LAUDE in Music Education
4) Graduate degree at UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MAGNA CUM LAUDE
Voice Care, Minnesota's St. Johns, North Carolina and other places for continuing ed.
5) Local work with Omaha Music Teachers Association/Board of Directors`Courtesy Chairman
3) Church accompaniments, choir plus solo work
4) Music Teachers National Association
5) Attend symphony, musicals, opera
6) Play Me I'm Yours, donating time in community involvement and gathering students to do same
7) House parties/gatherings for students
8) South Dakota Museum of Music
Do you have a standard pricing system for your service? If so, please share the details here.
Students may pay per lesson, per month, per quarter, or 9 months (which is only 25 per lesson) and is paid in advance.
How did you get started doing this type of work?
Inspiration from two music teacher Aunts who also played and sang, a great grandfather who was a symphony conductor/prolific composer, a great Uncle who composed and sang, a great Aunt who played viola in the symphony, a grandmother with a rich, contralto voice, a brother who learned to play piano 6 years ahead of me and continued to rock as a singer/pianist, and 4 other siblings with their own musical tastes who enjoy singing and appreciating music. I married into a musical family where my mother-in-law And sister-in-law played duets and where my husband's sister was a popular composer. My husband loves musicals and continues to support high school and college productions!!! Oh yes! Most importantly, my mother had the most beautiful voice i ever heard spoken, played piano and organ as well and served as President of the Omaha Symphony Guild Board along with my Godmother. Because of their volunteer efforts, My friends and I met Van Cliburn, Elton John, and many celebrities in the music and acting field.
What types of customers have you worked with?
People who work but like to have fun!
People who likeTrophy Awards: created in 1990 - very original
People who enjoy Prizes.
People who Involve family in community
People who enjoy sharing self and food
People who seek Opportunities to play
Describe a recent project you are fond of. How long did it take?
Former student asked me to accompany and record songs for her on a tape for her to sing at a performance. This took me 1 hour.
Composed song for a mother who lost a child to suicide - wrote piano and vocal parts and sold this to her while I was preparing for a full Mass with original songs - 1 month.
What advice would you give a customer looking to hire a provider in your area of work?
We have taught in this location for over 26 years helping people discover their strengths in voice & piano. Also, my clients have risen to the top of their fields in the fine and performing arts. They have started their own companies and have been recognized for their creative talents. Rates are reasonable. Results are quick. We continue our own self improvement through travel which keep us aware of opportunities for our students world wide. Thank you for booking your free consultation and we look forward to playing with you soon! Remember what we do together is Noteworthy Music. Even if it is playing piano, singing or creative work, when we get together it is always noteworthy!
What questions should customers think through before talking to professionals about their project?
1) How long do they want to study?
2) What type of teacher do they most think will help them?
3) Are they interested in a studio with group support?