LizziDee has been teaching yoga since 2004. She knows yoga's power to transform. With regular practice, her students have reported benefits like better sleep and greater bone density. She loves working with new students who have heard of the benefits of yoga but may shy away from traditional yoga studios. LizziDee's creative yet no nonsense approach rooted in an extensive knowledge of Iyengar-based methodology makes yoga's mind-body benefits accessible to anyone.
More about Lizzi:
* MFA in Studio Art, Concentration in Sculpture and Performance Art, SUNY Stony Brook, NY. 2010.
* BFA in Visual Arts, Concentration in Sculpture and Ceramics, Clemson University, SC. 2006.
* 200-Hr Yoga Therapy Certification mentorship and practicum (expected to complete 2016).
* 500-Hr Professional Course: Yoga Therapy Emphasis with Lillah Schwartz (2012-2014).
* Purna Yoga Teacher Training with Aadil Palkhivala. Toronto. 2014.
* The Neck: Bridge between Mind and Body. Yoga as Medicine All Day Intensive with Aadil Palkhivala. Yoga Journal Conference. NYC. 2009.
* Various workshops with Shiva Rea, Gary Kraftsow, and David Life. OMEGA Being Yoga NYC. 2008.
* 500-Hr In Depth Studies Module with Lillah Schwartz. Lighten Up! Yoga and Healing Arts Teacher Training Institute. Asheville, NC. 2005.
* Purna Yoga Training with Aadil Palkhivala, One Center Yoga. Asheville, NC. 2006.
* 230-Hr Comprehensive Certification Program. Lighten Up! Yoga and Healing Arts Teacher Training Institute. Asheville, NC (based in the Iyengar Method). 2004-2005.
* Yoga Alliance Certification: E-RYT 200, RYT 500
Even more about Lizzi:
Teaching since 2004, LizziDee offers a Hatha yoga practice that tempers an attention to detail (derived from Iyengar style teacher training) with a love of movement (found in a lifelong pursuit of dance and a formative practice of Power and Vinyasa styles of yoga). Her classes promote growth and self-healing through both gentle repetitive movement and precision in body alignment, using variation, modification, and props.
As a former dancer, LizziDee's yoga journey began in Los Angeles where she discovered Power and Vinyasa Yoga offered the same joy of movement and maintained the fluidity of the body that modern dance had. She also found yoga philosophy, which opened up a more positive way of being in the world. Five years later, while finishing her BFA in Visual Arts, the more therapeutic Iyengar method came to LizziDee'ÂÂs rescue when an old whiplash injury and a mild scoliosis started catching up with her. She received both the power to heal herself and an extensive 230-Hr teacher training in Iyengar methodology from Lillah Schwartz, Adaptive Yoga and Back Care Specialist in Asheville, NC. Lizzi has been returning to her studies over the past year with Lillah Schwartz and with Aadil Palkhivala (Purna Yoga), and is working toward her 500+Hr Professional Certification as a Yoga Therapist.
Since beginning to teach, LizziDee has studied Purna Yoga with Aadill Palkhivala, yoga anatomy with Roger Cole, Viniyoga with Gary Kraftsaw, Jivamukti Yoga with David Life, and Vinyasa Flow with Shiva Rhea. She has taught throughout the mountains of South Carolina, both the South Shore & North Shore of Long Island, and now the greater Buffalo area. She enjoys customizing yoga for individual students, loves getting tough questions from students, and strives to make yoga an accessible, awareness building, and healing practice for everybody.
LizziDee is also a 3-dimensional artist with an MFA from Stony Brook University (SUNY). Her eco-conscious sculptures, installations, and movement-based performances draw on the awareness of interconnectedness that yoga offers.