Vesta did my hair and makeup for my wedding, and also for my maid of honor. I could not have been happier with Vesta's services and would recommend her to anyone!
I'll detail a few of the most outstanding aspects of working with Vesta, although I can't possibly list them all:
- Although she is a makeup artist by trade, she did a wonderful job with my hair (a french twist with fresh flowers and volume at the top) and charged MUCH less for it than I would have paid at a salon
- She offered her home to me, my wedding party, and my photographer for getting ready since the wedding was located a few short blocks away--so generous and made me feel so relaxed (not to mention that her apartment is beautiful and my photos will be great)
- After the trial, on the Big Day, she was very careful to check with me as she did my makeup to see whether or not I was happy with the few things I had asked her to change.
- She also gave me great advice after the trial, like suggesting I take omega-3 to moisturize my skin from the inside leading up to the wedding. It was really personal service, and she really tried to make sure that I looked my best.
- Although Vesta's tendency is to go a little heavier on the makeup than I would normally, she was careful to check with me at every step, showing me how the look was shaping up and asking if I wanted more blush, more eye liner, etc. I was comfortable speaking up since she asked, and in the end I got a look that I was extremely happy with.
I could go on, but in summary I'll just say that Vesta is a wonderful person with a great talent for makeup and a warm heart, and she truly cares about her clients. Highly recommended. Thank you, Vesta!