Introduction: I'm a native speaker based in New York City, and certified Japanese instructor from The Japanese Institute in Paris. I am trilingual (fluent in Japanese, French and English) and I can help you learn fast and well. I create lesson plans according to each student's needs and level. I'm a professional musician and language instructor with a diverse cultural background, growing up in Japan and living abroad (on both coasts of the USA and in France) from the age of 15. I enjoy sharing the beauty of language, good food, nature and animals. Languages are like music, so let's make the learning fun!
I have worked - and/or am currently working - with:
- business men/women who deal with Japanese customers
- students who are passionate about manga, anime, J-pop, and Japanese culture in general
- people who are planning a short or long-term trip to Japan and who wish to be able to communicate with locals
- JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) exam candidates
- BJT (Business Japanese Proficiency Test) exam candidates
- specific projects: working with Google machine learning designer, software developer, Adobe software engineer, Fulbright applicants, professional chef at high-end restaurant in NYC, etc.
I also provide special tutoring sessions for children: we use drawing, coloring, simple games, and singing as a fun introduction to the language! I am a music teacher at a private kindergarten/elementary school in Park West, Brooklyn. Also, I currently have Japanese language students who are ages between 6 and 10. Some of them are Japanese American.
STUDY MATERIAL AND RESOURCES
- Minna no Nihongo (Books 1 & 2) Textbooks and Workbooks
- Genki Textbooks and Workbooks
- Japanese for Busy People I, II, III
- Minna no Nihongo Intermediate Level I & II Textbooks
- Sou Matome Japanese Language Proficiency Test N1 to N5
- Kanzen Master JLPT N1 to N5
Looking forward to working with you!