Introduction: English, Writing, and ESL Tutor
Over 17 years of experience helping students of all ages/levels with:
• with writing skills, including, but not limited to: editing, composing, strategizing, conceptualization, brainstorming, creating outlines, working from initial draft to final copy, researching, and overall comfort and fluency with creating written work that is focused, specific, and targeted for its intended purpose.
Writing is not always simple, and learning how to write looks different for everyone, and most importantly, there is no one “right way” to do it! Brainstorming and coming up with your initial idea(s) is not always a linear process, and can often appear messy and be overwhelming. I help you navigate through the “scarier” parts to pull your ideas into a logical narrative that clearly expresses what you want to convey in the most effective way possible!
Conversational and comprehension skills:
• master the English language (grammar, syntax, phonetics, punctuation, tone, pronunciation, etc.), while working towards the goal of fluent and natural conversation, writing, reading proficiency, and communication. (These areas are actually highly interrelated and strengthening one area can greatly alter and influence others!)
• English proficiency in conversation, communication, both oral and written (accents, intonation, clarity of speech, fluency, conversational skills, strengthening and expanding vocabulary, expanding comprehension and understanding of a multitude of contexts, mediums, genres. Understanding “tone”, context, humor, “double meanings”, and sarcasm will be learned through fluency and familiarity with different styles of writing and speaking as one gains proficiency.
I’m ready to help you:
• write research papers, compositions, essays, articles, and/or applications for grants, scholarships, etc.
• edit, improve upon existing essays/ compositions/articles/written material
• pass the verbal portion of the GRE/MCAT/LSAT/GMAT
• improve your English proficiency, grammar, writing skills as an ESL/International student
Science, Engineering, or technical major? I specialize in translating highly technical information into accessible language for papers and presentations.