What does Boyd/Wilson do for our Homeowners Association?
Since most of what we do is intangible, this is certainly a fair question. What follows is a confidential list of services Boyd/Wilson provides for the average association with the following:
1. Boyd/Wilson performs all banking and financial administration work, including bank reconciliations and the preparation of timely and accurate financial statements. For your piece of mind, all B/W financial activities are supervised/overseen by a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
2. Boyd/Wilson prepares uniform bid specifications, requests competitive bids for certain work and coordinates all capital project work as well as routine service work involving the common element property.
3.We provide counsel to the Association Board on operational issues, financial benchmarking issues, variance analysis, long range capital planning, prioritizing discretionary service work, advice on how to deal with home inspection reports, personnel issues, etc.
4. Boyd/Wilson helps Board members understand the associations governing documents and we recommend changes/modifications where appropriate.
5. Boyd/Wilson prepares and recommends to the Board the first draft of an annual operating budget and in some instance we guide the Board in the development of a long range capital projects budget plan.
6. Using Boyd/Wilsons buying clout, we negotiate responsible low bid service work by grouping together several B/W managed properties in buying pools that allows each participating client to purchase goods and services at discounted prices, i.e. trash pick-up services, elevator services, snow removal services, lawn care/landscaping services, janitorial supplies, on call 24 hours per day maintenance personnel for common element repairs, transportation gas or electric supply purchases (where appropriate),and insurance packaging involving association owned property.
7. We address resident/unit owner complaints and/or service requests and arrange for follow-up action of Board input when/where appropriate.
8. Boyd/Wilson coordinates due process hearings to resolve resident vs. resident complaints.
9. We prepare time-sensitive Resale Disclosure Certificates for the resale of homes within the association and we intercede on behalf of the Board to coordinate association services related to those pending sales.
10. We assist the Board in defining reasonable rules and rules enforcement standards (i.e. minimum fines, progressive fines, dealing with repeat rules offenders, effective methods of dealing with growing delinquencies, etc.)
11. Boyd/Wilson serves as a resource to develop/maintain good relationships with local real estate agents who list and sell homes in you association.
12. We provide a 24-hour per day/365 days a year emergency hotline with management personnel and insured maintenance technicians on-call to handle/respond to association emergencies.
13.Boyd/Wilson actively pursues delinquent unit owners for payment of any arrearages, coordinating collection services with the appropriate legal counsel of your choice.
14.Boyd/Wilson arranges for and answers questions of your tax preparer relative to the year -end tax work appropriate for your association.
15. When deemed necessary by the Board, Boyd/Wilson can meet with an independent auditor to make certain that the associations financial records are proper and accurate.
16. Boyd/Wilson prepares and distributes quarterly or semi-annual newsletters to all homeowners.
17. Boyd/Wilson maintains a record of property resale values for your association as well as resale prices at other local/comparable associations for benchmarking purposes.