SlateHouse Group Property Management
It’s free with no obligation to hire
Photos and Videos
Read reviews that mention:
- George L.
I went with SlateHouse Group because I have chosen bad tenants in the past. I'd say 80% of the tenants I have chosen have been very good tenants. The other 20% have cost me a lot of money. I decided that it's not worth the risk for me to continue to pick my tenants. I do background checks but I am limited with my ability to do all the necessary checks needed to assure that I have chosen the best available tenant. SlateHouse Group has all the tools to do a much more extensive background search than I can do on my own. Therefor I have decided I am never again going to choose my own tenants. I currently have five apartment buildings and I have just recently started having them manage one of the buildings that was giving me nothing but headaches. I also took advantage of their tenant placement option where you pay them a percentage of the first months rent for them picking out your tenant. I did that on a building that I am managing myself and they picked out an excellent tenant. If they are managing your building they will pick your tenants out as part of the managing fee they charge. I will be turning more buildings over to them to manage in the future because I am very impressed with this company so far. I wish I would have found out about them sooner. I could have saved myself a lot of lost rent and headaches. I would highly recommend them to any landlords who are looking for a property management company.Mar 18, 2016Verified
- Stephanie T.
I haven't worked with SlateHouse long yet, but so far they have handled getting a tenant into our property before our target date, which we are very pleased with.Jan 4, 2018Verified
- Kris C.
They found a tenant for my property in less than a month. Friendly and professional staffJul 12, 2016Verified
- Shenendoah P.
My house was on the market on and off for years! SlateHouse Group has been a life saver!!! I have peace of mind now. I am able to move on with my life and not be tied down paying bills on a house I'm not living in. Friendly personnel. Efficient and flexible to work with. Direct deposit and paperless communication makes for this business interaction painless.Mar 22, 2016Verified
- Susan E.
We decided to use a property management company after handling our own property for over ten years. Our property manager, Lori, has been very helpful. We have had to call her numerous times and she is always available to help. Now that we are out of the state, it is great to know that our place is in her good hands.Feb 3, 2016
- What should the customer know about your pricing (e.g., discounts, fees)?Our pricing is very simple --- we charge 6% of the rent collected each month to manage the property. To find a tenant -- we charge 50% of one months rent, paid when the tenant pays the first month rent.
- What is your typical process for working with a new customer?We come out to your property to do a walk-through of the property and agree on a rental value. We also go over all our procedures and lease so the owner completely understands how we operate and answer any questions the owner might have.
- How did you get started doing this type of work?We actually started out as real estate investors. As we grew, we realized that we needed a scaled property management operation that embraced technology, provided local service, and communicated promptly with everyone involved. That is when SlateHouse Property Management was born. We are thrilled that other owners were looking for the same thing and have helped us grow so fast across PA and NJ.