Improve your profile
Get more customers with a profile that sets you apart.
Creating a great profile takes time, but it’s worth it. Your profile helps customers decide if you’re the right pro for the job. Show them who you are in your “About” section and in your photos. 83% of pros hired on Thumbtack include at least one picture highlighting their work.
What Customers Say
Looking through the photos on a pro’s Thumbtack profile has been really helpful for me in figuring out what I actually want for my project.
Be the face of your business.
Take a look at Baron’s profile picture below—it’s:
Friendly. Customers like to see a smiling face. Baron looks enthusiastic and ready to help.
Professional. A quality headshot is worth the investment.
Clear and sharp. Aim for 500×500 pixels to get the best resolution.
Help customers learn more about you.
Your introduction is the first thing a customer will read about your business. Tell them why they should hire you. Take a look at Rachel’s “About” section. It addresses three main questions customers have:
- Do you have the right experience for the job? Give a few examples of your work. List your relevant years in business and any training, education, or certifications. Don’t forget to upload any occupational licenses you’ve earned.
- Are you someone I want to work with? Show your love for what you do with stories about why you started your business or what keeps you going.
- Are you professional? Make sure to double-check your spelling and grammar. Customers notice attention to detail and great communication skills.
Here’s how to edit your “About” section.
Show off your best work.
Customers want to see the quality of your work — show them what you can do. Take a look at Ian and Rosa’s media section. You can add photos, videos, and even audio recordings. Consider including:
- Original content that tells a story and shows you in action
- Before-and-after examples
- Descriptive captions so customers know what they’re seeing
Update your media section often. Regularly upload new photos and videos of completed projects.
Here’s how to edit your media section.