How do you install vinyl siding?
To install vinyl siding, a contractor will typically do the following:
- Prep the surface for installation. This often includes getting rid of the old caulking, broken boards, light fixtures, downspouts, etc.
- Ensure there’s a sheathing.
- Install a water-resistive barrier and flashing.
- Measure your house and determine how much siding you need.
- Cut the siding.
- Use fasteners to install the vinyl siding.
Because of the project’s complexity and the tools needed (power saw, hammer, safety glasses, tin snips, utility knife, corner posts, trim, molding, etc.), think twice before DIY-ing this project. Instead, consider hiring a vinyl siding professional.