How does mold remediation work?
Mold remediation can eliminate mold colonies from your home or business. Mold is a normal part of daily life, but in wet or humid settings mold can quickly colonize and spread by making spores. Whether visible or hidden, untreated mold can cause real health problems and cause extensive (and expensive) damage to your property. Mold remediation involves killing the mold, removing the dead mold and preventing future mold growth. Here is an example of the steps involved in professional mold remediation:
- Contain work area and apply negative air pressure HEPA air purifiers to prevent cross-contamination. If spores spread, the colonies can easily regrow elsewhere in your home.
- Mist an EPA-registered antimicrobial to suspend and kill mold spores.
- Remove affected building surfaces.
- Bag and dispose of contaminated materials properly.
- Treat cavities/underlayment and dehumidify.
- Abrasively remove dead loose mold.
- Apply EPA-registered protective sealer.
- Perform clearance testing.
Remove containment materials.