How much does it cost to get a new garage door?
A new garage door can add serious curb appeal, not to mention myriad home safety benefits. The cost of a new garage door will vary based on the type of garage door you want and the materials it will be made of. You can purchase a new garage door and have the pros install it for you, but proceed with caution as many installers won’t guarantee their labor if you didn’t purchase the garage door through their company. A new door (without installation) may cost anywhere from $200 to $4,000 or more, depending on size, brand and materials. Here are some examples of average new garage door costs, including installation:
- Raised-panel, insulated,16x7 garage door: $1,100
- Without insulation: about $900
- Raised-panel, insulated, 8x7: $700
- Without insulation: $550
- Carriage-house 16x7 garage door with stamped-steel design: $1,500
- Carriage-house 8x7 garage door with stamped-steel design: $1,000
- A carriage-house garage door is a barn-style door with handles and hinges; it looks like it pulls out in the style of a barn door but is actually a roll-up.
- Carriage-house 16x7 garage door with steel and faux-wood overlay: $3,500
- Carriage-house 8x7 garage door with steel and faux-wood overlay: $2,000–$2,200
- Solid-wood cedar or mahogany 16x7 garage door with window in top panels: $5,000
- Solid-wood cedar or mahogany 8x7 garage door with window in top panels: $3,500