What should I ask a house cleaner or maid before hiring them?
There are many questions to ask a cleaning service before you hire them to make sure they’re the right fit. These questions might include:
- How much do you charge?
- How do you set your prices -- per hour or per square foot? Or, do you charge a flat rate?
- What is your past work experience? Can I see a list of references?
- Are you accustomed to working with different home or apartment types and sizes?
- Can you work with children or pets in the house?
- What types of cleaning products do you use?
- Do you bring your own cleaning supplies and products?
- How often can you clean my home?
- Is there anything you recommend I do (or don't do) to my home before you arrive?
For more tips on how to hire the best maid or house cleaning service, read our smart hiring guide.