I'm Kripalu Yoga 200 RYT certified and trained in contemporary and classical Pilates and in spinning STAR level 3.
Individuals turn to yoga, Pilates and spinning instruction for inspiration and emotional and physical benefits. My intent is to guide people to cultivate self-awareness through their practice and training.
I'm a performance-driven professional with exceptional results in both military and civilian environments. I possess strong work ethics and excellent presentation skills. I have exemplary planning and organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to envision possibilities "outside the box." I've been involved with athletics, coaching and instruction for over 30 years.
My areas of knowledge and expertise include the following:
* Training program development focused on environment, community and outreach
* Establishing and monitoring of measures, programs and protocols
* Collaboration and negotiation skills to interact productively with team members and clients
* Resolution of problems
* Management of client relationships/satisfaction -- inspire, educate and energize
Mindful yoga therapy is an empirically informed and a clinically tested program that provides adjunct treatment for survivors who strive to learn self-coping skills, self-regulation and reconnection to self and others through the practice of yoga. I aim to empower with experience and a personal choice.
I'm a performance-driven professional with exceptional results in both military and civilian environments and possess strong work ethics and excellent training through the Justice Research Institute, Kripalu Institute, Mindful Yoga Therapy and Yoga Warriors International.
This approach to yoga is a powerful complement to professional treatment for PTS; mindful yoga incorporates the use of trauma-sensitive language, mindful moving and breathing, and develops the following supportive skills survivors need for everyday life:
* Concrete and visceral language
* Present moment experience -- somatic and cognitive
* Practice choices
* Effective coping skills
* Spatial orientations
* Sensing dynamics -- muscular, anatomical touchstones and spatial