Latest Review: We hired Devin to DJ our wedding and we could not have been happier with our experience. I can't list everything or I'd run out of space, so here are the highlights:
1. Price - Devin's quote was more than competitive, and frankly I would expect to pay more given his level of professionalism and skill.
2. Set-up - Devin was set-up hours before our event. We were flipping the ceremony space into the dance floor, but Devin was providing music for the ceremony as well. His equipment was staged professionally and discreetly. It didn't distract from our decorations at all.
3. Music during the ceremony - As far as I know, we didn’t give Devin anything but a list of songs. He faded the music in and out at the perfect times, kept the volume at the perfect level, and everything went off without a hitch. We’ve all been at weddings with awkward silences or songs that never ended. No such worries with Devin at the controls.
4. As an emcee - Devin did an excellent job as an emcee as well. My wife and I told him we didn’t want to introduce the whole wedding party at the reception cause we wanted them to be able to go eat while we took immediately family pictures. He called us and talked us out of it and thank goodness he did! Devin coached our bridal party on a high energy entrance and when he announced everyone the energy was amazing. Later in the evening as we did the bouquet and garter tosses, Devin kept the energy going and it was fantastic.
5. Lights - Devin provided uplighting at a great price and had fun laser lights and stuff for the dance floor. It really added to the party atmosphere.
6. Reception music - Last but definitely not least, I was incredibly impressed with Devin’s ability to DJ the music that perfectly suited our tastes and the different moments in the evening. Devin had us send him a list of 25 songs that would get us dancing, and from that he created an amazing experience. Our music was a mix of early 2000’s hip-hop and top 40 pop hits, which almost perfectly describes what I listen to when I want to have a good time. Devin also had great mashups and transitions. I never felt like I was just listening to an iPod playlist, which is something I’ve definitely experienced in the past.
I really can’t say enough about how happy my wife and I were with Devin. I want to host more events just so Devin can come DJ them!
See all reviews