My name is Nick Zinsmeister, and I just moved here from Southern California. I used to play and compete in Satellites, which are now called Futures and some Challenger series tournaments.
I have briefly summarized my background and qualifications below. The following are:
* I am certified by the United States Professional Tennis Association and toured as an American tennis professional competing against Michael Chang, Pete Sampras, Greg Rusedski, Jim Courier, Jonas Bjorkman and Magnus Larson. I also served as a traveling and hitting partner and kept athletes in peak condition both physically and mentally for competition. I am available for travel.
* I was trained at Palm Desert, California, considered one of the best training grounds serving the best players in the world. As a result, I was able to reach a career high of number 535 in the world. I learned from high-profile professionals who each taught me with new techniques as well as variations to improve on my existing skills.
* I offer over 20 years of coaching experience, teaching private and group lessons for junior programs as well as league teams, and I am recognized as an energetic and enthusiastic coach who excels at conveying concepts in an engaging manner and am dedicated to helping athletes identify, enhance and achieve their unique potential.
* My coaching philosophy is simple: Practice daily, play to win and treat opponents with respect. My role as a coach will be to bring out the best in each player by building upon strengths and developing strategies that lead to success in areas that present challenges.
The following are programs that I offer:
* Lost Creek Country Club junior tennis program - 36' level one - Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday (3:45 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
* Recreational juniors - Monday to Thursday (5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.)
* 36' level two/60' orange/78' green - Monday to Thursday (4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
* The Junior Academy includes OGY pathway and qualified juniors - Monday to Thursday (5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.)
* 36' level one (3:45 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. p.m.) - This is for students 4 to 6 years old. This class uses various teaching progressions to assist in the development of the hand, feet as well as eyes/mind.
* 36' level two/60' orange (4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.) - This is for students 7 to 10 years old. The primary focus of this class will be to enable the students to experience tennis play. Through the use of modified equipment and age-/size-appropriate courts, we will introduce technical parameters and competencies as well as basic tactical strategies. Overall athletic development, such as general sending and receiving skills, will be emphasized and provide a basic framework and confidence in point play. Players who enroll in unlimited-session billing will receive one private lesson per session.
* 78' green (4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.) - This is for students 10 to 14 years old. Through the use of the green dot decompression ball, we will reinforce technical parameters and competencies as well as review tactical strategies. Students will be introduced to controls and rallying through the use of live-ball noncompetitive and competitive drills. There will be an ongoing emphasis on athletic development and match play. Players who enroll in unlimited-session billing will receive one private lesson per session.
* Recreational juniors (5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.) - This is for students, 11 to 18 years old, seeking an enjoyable approach to learning the game of tennis. Mondays and Wednesdays will focus on stroke development. Tuesdays and Thursdays will focus on point play through a fun-based curriculum in a noncompetitive environment. Technical and tactical development will be introduced through the use of live ball games and athletic development. Players who enroll in unlimited-session billing will receive one private lesson per session.
* Academy (5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.) - This is for students currently participating in the USTA competitive pathway.
* Any student who has competed in two ZATS or Champ/Super Champ divisions is eligible for participation. With an emphasis on high-performance training and tournament play, this class will provide a 4:1 student-to-teacher ratio, competitive controls and situational match play. Agility, strength training and athletic development will be part of every class. Each academy student will receive complimentary consultation regarding goal setting, tournament planning, and navigating the competitive pathway of USTA Texas. Each academy student must enroll in session billing. Players who enroll in unlimited-session billing will receive one private lesson per session.
* Friday play days (5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.) - This is for all ages and levels to experience the fun of playing the game of tennis. It is included as a class for session billing.
* Pricing (Monday through Friday classes) - 36' red level one U10 and rec. juniors academy (3:45 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.) (4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.) or (5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.) and (5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.)
The drop-in rates per child are as follows:
- $15.00 for members and $20.00 for nonmembers
- $20.00 members and $25.00 nonmembers
- N/A members and N/A for nonmembers
The must sign up for the class 24 hours in advance.
The following are the session billings (4-week cycles):
8 prepaid classes/child - cost is per child
* 1 child - $98.00
* 2 children discount - $69.00
* 3 children discount - $59.00
I offer unlimited prepaid classes/child (cost is per child). The following are:
* 1 child - $150.00
* 2 children discount - $105.00
* 3 children discount - $90.00
The unlimited-session billing includes a complimentary private lesson for that session.
The sessions are as follows:
* Session I
* Session II
* Session III
* Spring break
* Session IV
* Session V
The session billing dates are as follows:
* January 7th through February 1st
* February 4th through March 1st
* March 4th through April 5th (excluding March 11th to March 15th)
* March 11th through March 15th
* April 8th through May 3rd
* May 6th through May 31st
* January 15th
* February 12th
* March 12th
* March 19th
* April 16th
* May 14th
Please contact Chad Loup or Pam Dodman for more information or if you have questions.
The following are important dates:
* Lost Creek Junior Open Tournament on April 13th - registration deadline is April 3rd with tournament ID number 800009913
* Lost Creek Junior ZAT Tournament on May 11th - registration deadline is April 30th with tournament ID number 800010513
* Lost Creek CATA Tour Junior Tournament on June 29th
* Lost Creek Summer Junior Open on August 16th - registration deadline is August 8th with tournament ID number 800017213