March 2016-Cannot say enough good things about Ramos services. He is listed under landscaping but he contacted me through Thumbtack when I was looking to replace a fence that had blown down. About 5 months ago I had tried to get an estimate for my fence as it started to sag, but the fencing companies would either, not come out and look at it, would come out but never sent me a quote or just never answered my calls or emails. So now it is March 2016, and after a strong wind storm, the one side of my fence blew down. Sent a search through Thumbtack and Ramos was one of the ones to answer. Let me list why he was such a great choice for doing my fence:
1. I made an appointment for him to come to home at noon to get an estimate. I work 25 minutes from home so I gave myself 45 minutes to drive home to meet him. Well wouldn’t you know they closed all the lanes of north bound I-35 for a funeral!!! So I was 40 minutes late driving to my house. And guess what...He waited for me to get there!!!
2. He looked and measured…and gave me an estimate on the spot. This was a solid quote…there was to be no changes to this at any time. He was hundreds of dollars cheaper that the cheapest estimate I had received months before and at this time.
3. He showed up the day and time he promised and got the fence up in one day. He did come back the next day to install the rest of the screws and to do my gate (This is a big deal because my neighbors have a dog that hates me, so I was glad to have the fence up in one day).
4. I asked to have the gate opener to be installed only visible from the back yard. (Two other fence people argued with me about this, said they know better or I won’t like etc.). No arguments, said he would do it for me. I figured I would always have to go outside the backyard door to open the gate, but Ramos installed it in such a way, I can reach over the gate to open it and no one else would even know the latch is there. I feel so much safer at night alone because of this! (I bought the latch myself )
5. I had bought a money order to pay for both the right side of the fence and was having him do the left side also. He asked if he could come back to do the left side in a few days because the previous week’s rain had put him behind on another job. The money order was for the whole job so I gave it to him that day
6. Sure enough, Ramos again came back on the day he promised and finished the left side of the fence.
7. Very nice and friendly and above all trustworthy. Let’s you know when he’s coming and what and when he will be doing! Highly recommend! Great experience and now I have a great looking fences and a new gate!