hired 7 times on Thumbtack
Stan's Handyman Service also provides rapid remodeling. I am located on the north side of Chicago, serving the following neighborhoods:
* Armitage Gardens
* Jefferson Park
* Lincoln Park
* Old Irving Park
* Portage Park
* Roscoe Village
* West Rogers Park
I also service the following surrounding suburbs:
* Des Plaines
* Elmwood Park
* Morton Grove
* Mount Prospect
* Park Ridge
* River Grove
* Schiller Park
* Wilmette and many more!
I am a member of Certified Handyman Professionals, and I am fully insured.
Pictures and references are available upon request.
I also offer emergency service on evenings and weekends, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
I am a professional, punctual, efficient, very detailed, hardworking, quick, clean, reliable, and mission-oriented with a can-do attitude.
I am also customer-service oriented. There are no problems, only solutions!
I have over 18 years of experience in the business and 10 years as a US Air Force veteran in aircraft environmental/electrical systems. I studied for over 3 years at Southern Illinois University, under industrial technology.
I specialize in the following:
* Painting - I do both interior and exterior. I have over 10 seasonal years with Color Perfect, a company that relocated in McHenry and Wisconsin, owned by Craig Rawlins.
* Drywall - This includes hanging, taping, plastering, and skim coating.
* Carpentry - This includes doors, windows, framing, trim, kitchen cabinets, closet systems, vanities, pictures, mirrors, wall shelves, installation of plasma TVs and window treatments.
* Plumbing - This covers toilets, faucets, sinks, vanities, drains, garbage disposals, dishwasher hookup, sweating copper, and hot-water tanks.
* Tiling - I do all kinds, such as ceramic, porcelain, marble, and glass.
* Electrical - This includes light fixtures, chandeliers, ceiling fans, can lights, switches, outlets, and dimmers. Exterior low-voltage lighting, addition of new circuit, and under-cabinet lighting (BX - Greenfield - Conduit).
* Flooring - This includes laminate and ceramic.
* Bathroom remodeling
* Kitchen remodeling
* Cleaning furnaces and changing filters - This also includes appliance hookups.
* Cleaning out dryer vents and hoses
* Apartment preparation - I am presently responsible for a 10-unit building on the north side of Addison and Paulina and a 3-unit Jonquil terrace and Sheridan Road.
I specialize in move-outs and on-call repairs. I have a van and all tools.
I previously worked for Dads Handyman Service for 2 years, Lincoln Park, Lakeview, Gold Coast, etc.
I previously worked for Handyman Matters, a national handyman company, for 18 months. I did framing, drywall, taping, priming and painting as well as garbage disposals, faucets, gutters, and bi-fold doors. I was only working for 10 to 15 hours a week. Most of my work was downtown, north side, and north suburbs.
I worked for Great Lakes Retail Services and installed countertops for Jenny Craig.
Recently, I worked for I Beam Team through a temporary agency for 6 months, traveling throughout Illinois, Wisconsin, and Indiana.
We did merchandising resets for Home Depot, 2-6 bays to whole aisles, followed Plan-o-grams, with graphics and carpentry. I worked for 10-12 hours a day, 4 days a week or longer, until I get the job completed.
I still own a small remodeling business called Rapid Remodeling, which is operating for 18 years now. Due to family, I am looking for a full-time work closer to city; most of my customers were up in Chain of Lakes Area.
My last job in 2 years was in Antioch, Fox Lake, Cross Lake, Loon Lake and Ingleside in Illinois. I worked in Chain of Lakes area for 8 years.
I have very recently completed 5 kitchen backsplashes with glass tile.
I power washed and stained a 750-sq.-ft. deck in Des Plaines, a 2-story porch and a small deck replaced and reinforced with an 80-lin.-ft. handrail.
In the Saginaw neighborhood, I installed in 2 storm doors, a 100-foot wooden fence and a gate. I also installed an over-the-stove microwave.
In Evanston, I installed 2 storm doors, sanded 2 fireplace mantles, and installed 1000-sq.-ft. laminate. I also installed exterior light fixtures and changed 4 light switches to dimmers.
In Andersoville, I skim coated and painted 2-bedroom apartments.
In Wrigleyville, I painted 2 one-bedroom apartments and unclogged toilets, bathtub drains, and new copper hot-water line in the 2nd floor.
In Antioch this spring, I just finished a big job of 2 cottages, which lasted for 2-3 years. Look for Tom Tomesello, the owner, as my reference.
In Loon Lake, I did 4-bedroom summer homes, replaced 26 windows, rerouted and replaced kitchen waterlines, plumbed waterlines and drained for the 2nd floor laundry room. I rerouted the kitchen gas pipe; installed heating ducts for furnace and soffit for ducts; replaced hot-water heater; and skim coated, sanded and prime painted the entire interior.
In Cross Lake, I completed the bath and kitchen, did 10 can lights, and framed and drywalled walk-in-closet. I power washed, repaired, and put railings on a 30' X 10' deck. I installed 220-V line for electric stove. I also plastered, primed and painted the interior of a 3-bedroom cottage as well as floor and wall tile bathroom.
Chicago, IL 60659
- Background check
- DOJ Smart Search verified
- Social security verified
- Name verified
- Address verified
- Phone verified
- Email verified
- Thumbtack reviewed
- Facebook verified
- Website verified