hired 8 times on Thumbtack
Stan's Handyman Service also provides rapid remodeling. I am located on the north side of Chicago serving the following neighborhoods:
* Armitage Gardens
* Jefferson Park
* Lincoln Park
* Old Irving Park
* Portage Park
* Roscoe Village
* West Rogers Park
I also service the following surrounding suburbs:
* Des Plaines
* Elmwood Park
* Morton Grove
* Mount Prospect
* Park Ridge
* River Grove
* Schiller Park
* Wilmette and many more
I am a member of Certified Handyman Professionals, and I am fully insured.
Pictures and references are available upon request.
I also offer emergency service on evenings and weekends, 24 hours a day and seven days a week.
I am a professional, punctual, efficient, very detailed, hardworking, quick, clean, reliable, and mission-oriented with a can-do attitude.
I am also customer-service oriented. There are no problems, only solutions!
I have over 18 years of experience in the business and 10 years as a US Air Force veteran in aircraft environmental/electrical systems. I've studied for over three years at the Southern Illinois University with a course in industrial technology.
I specialize in the following:
* Painting -- I do both interior and exterior. I have over 10 seasonal years with Color Perfect, a company that's relocated in McHenry and Wisconsin and owned by Craig Rawlins.
* Drywall -- This includes hanging, taping, plastering, and skim coating.
* Carpentry -- This includes doors, windows, framing, trim, kitchen cabinets, closet systems, vanities, pictures, mirrors, wall shelves, installation of plasma TVs and window treatments.
* Plumbing -- This covers toilets, faucets, sinks, vanities, drains, garbage disposals, dishwasher hookup, sweating copper, and hot water tanks.
* Tiling -- I do all kinds, such as ceramic, porcelain, marble, and glass.
* Electrical -- This includes light fixtures, chandeliers, ceiling fans, can lights, switches, outlets, dimmers, exterior low-voltage lighting, addition of new circuit, and under-cabinet lighting -- BX Greenfield conduit.
* Flooring -- This includes laminate and ceramic.
* Bathroom remodeling
* Kitchen remodeling
* Cleaning furnaces and changing filters -- This also includes appliance hookups.
* Cleaning out dryer vents and hoses
* Apartment preparation -- I am presently responsible for a 10-unit building on the north side of Addison and Paulina and a three-unit Jonquil terrace on Sheridan Road.
I specialize in move-outs and on-call repairs. I have a van and all the tools.
I've previously worked for Dad's Handyman Service for two years at Lincoln Park, Lakeview, Gold Coast, etc.
I've previously worked for Handyman Matters, a national handyman company, for 18 months. I did framing, drywall, taping, priming and painting as well as garbage disposals, faucets, gutters, and bifold doors. I was only working for 10 to 15 hours a week. Most of my work was in downtown, the north side, and the north suburbs.
I worked for Great Lakes Retail Services and installed countertops for Jenny Craig.
Recently, I've worked for I Beam Team through a temporary agency for six months traveling throughout Illinois, Wisconsin, and Indiana.
We did merchandising resets for Home Depot, from 2 to 6 bays to whole aisles, followed Plan-o-grams with graphics and carpentry. I've worked for 10 to 12 hours a day, four days a week or longer, until I got the job completed.
I still own a small remodeling business called Rapid Remodeling, which has been operating for 18 years now. Due to family, I am looking for a full-time work closer to the city; most of my customers are up in the Chain of Lakes area.
My job for the last two years was in Antioch, Fox Lake, Cross Lake, Loon Lake and Ingleside in Illinois. I've worked in Chain of Lakes area for eight years.
I have very recently completed five kitchen backsplashes with glass tile.
I power washed and stained a 750-sq-ft deck in Des Plaines, a two-story porch and a small deck replaced and reinforced with an 80-lin.-ft. handrail.
In the Saginaw neighborhood, I installed two storm doors, a 100-foot wooden fence and a gate. I also installed an over-the-stove microwave.
In Evanston, I installed two storm doors, sanded two fireplace mantles, and installed 1000-sq-ft laminate. I also installed exterior light fixtures and changed four light switches to dimmers.
In Andersoville, I skim coated and painted two-bedroom apartments.
In Wrigleyville, I painted two one-bedroom apartments and unclogged toilets, bathtub drains, and new copper hot-water line in the second floor.
In Antioch this spring, I just finished a big job of two cottages, which lasted for 2 to 3 years. Look for Tom Tomesello, the owner, as my reference.
In Loon Lake, I did four-bedroom summer homes, replaced 26 windows, rerouted and replaced kitchen waterlines, plumbed waterlines and drained for the second floor laundry room. I rerouted the kitchen gas pipe, installed heating ducts for furnace and soffit for ducts, replaced hot-water heater, and skim coated, sanded and prime painted the entire interior.
In Cross Lake, I completed the bath and kitchen, did 10 can lights, and framed and drywalled a walk-in closet. I power washed, repaired, and put railings on a 30' x 10' deck. I installed 220-V line for an electric stove. I also plastered, primed and painted the interior of a three-bedroom cottage as well as the floor and wall tile of the bathroom.
Chicago, IL 60659
- Background check
- Social security verified
- Name verified
- Address verified
- Email verified
- Facebook verified
- Website verified