6 Thumbtack jobs completed
Stan's Handyman Service also provides Rapid Remodeling. I am located on the north side of Chicago, serving the following neighborhoods: Andersonville, Armitage Gardens, Avondale, Bucktown, Edgewater, Jefferson Park, Lakeview, Lincoln Park, Old Irving Park, Portage Park, Roscoe Village, Saganaugh,West Rogers Park; and Surrounding Suburbs: Bloomingdale, Des Plaines, Elmwood Park, Evanston, Glenview, Lincolnwood, Morton Grove, Niles, Norridge, Mount Prospect, Park Ridge, River Grove, Rosemont, Schiller Park, Skokie, Wilmette, and many more!
A member of Certified Handyman Professionals
Pictures and my References available upon request.
Emergency service on evenings and weekends, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
A professional, punctual, efficient, very detailed, hard working, quick, clean, reliable, and mission-orientated with a can-do attitude.
I am also customer service orientated. There are no problems, only solutions!
With over 18 years of experience in business, A 10 years US Air Force Veteran in Aircraft Environmental / Electrical systems . Studied over 3 years Southern Illinois University under Industrial Technology.
I specialize in the following:
* Painting - Interior and exterior. I have over 10 seasonal years with Color Perfect, a company that relocated in McHenry and Wisconsin owned by Craig Rawlins.
* Drywall - hanging, taping, plastering, skim coating
* Carpentry - Doors, Windows, Framing, Trim, Kitchen cabinets, Closet systems, Vanities, Pictures, Mirrors, Wall shelves, Install plasma TV and do Window treatments.
* Plumbing - Toilets, Faucets, Sinks, Vanites,Drains, Garbage disposals, Dish washer hook up, sweating copper, Hot Water Tanks.
* Tiling - all kinds such as Ceramic and Porcelain, Marlble, Glass.
* Electrical - Light fixtures, Chandeliers, Ceiling fans, Can lights, Switches, Outlets, Dimmers. Exterior lighting-low voltage, add new cicuit, Under cabinet lighting. BX - Greenfield - Conduit.
* Flooring - Laminate and Ceramic.
* Bathroom Remodeling
* Kitchen Remodeling
* Clean furnace and change filters - Appliance hook up.
* Clean out Dryer vents, Hoses
* Apartment preparation - presently responsible for a 10-unit building on north side Addison and Paulina, and a 3-unit Jonquil terrace and Sheridan Road
I specialize in move outs and on-call repairs. I have a van and all tools.
Previously worked for Dads Handyman Service 2yrs ,Lincoln Park, lakeview, Gold Coast ect.
Previously worked for Handyman Matters, a National handyman company for 18 months. done framing, drywall, taping, priming and painting as well as garbage disposals, faucets, gutters, and bi-fold doors. I was only working for 10 to 15 hours a week. Most of my work was downtown, north side, and north suburbs.
I worked for Great Lakes Retail Services and installed counter tops for Jenny Craig.
Recently, I worked for I Beam Team through a temporary agency for 6 months traveling throughout Illinois, Wisconsin, and Indiana.
We did merchandising resets for Home Depot, 2-6 bays to whole aisles, followed Plan-o-grams, with graphics and carpentry. I worked for 10-12 hours a day, 4 days a week or longer until I get the job completed.
I still own small remodeling business called Rapid Remodeling for 18 years. Due to family looking for full-time work closer to city, most of my customers were up in Chain of Lakes Area. My last job in 2 years was in Antioch, Fox Lake, Cross Lake, Loon Lake and Ingleside in Illinois. Worked Chain of lake area 8 yrs.
Very recently completed 5 kitchen backsplashes with glass tile .
Power washed and stain 750 sq. ft.deck - Desplains
2 story porch and small deck replced and reinforced 80 lin ft. hand rail.
In Saginaw neighborhood, I installed in 2 storm doors, a 100-foot wooden fence and gate, and installed over the stove microwave.
In Evanston, I installed 2 storm doors, sanded 2 fireplace mantles, and installed 1000-sq. ft. laminate. I also installed exterior light fixtures, and changed 4 light switches to dimmers.
In Andersoville, I skim coated and painted 2 bedroom apartments.
In Wrigleyville, I painted 2 one-bedroom apartments, unclogged toilets, bathtub drains, and new copper hot water line in the 2nd floor.
In Antioch, this spring I just finished a big job of 2 Cottages, 2-3 years. Look for Tom Tomesello, the owner, as my reference.
In Loon Lake, I did 4 bedroom summer homes, replaced 26 windows, rerouted and replaced kitchen water lines, plumbed, water lines and drained for the 2nd floor laundry room. I rerouted the kitchen gas pipe, installed heating ducts for furnace and soffit for ducts, replaced hot water heater, and skim coat sanded and prime painted the entire interior.
Cross Lake - I complete the bath and Kitchen, 10 can lights, framed drywalled walk-in-closet. Power washed, repaired, and put railings on 30' X 10' deck. I installed 220V line for electric stove. I also plastered, primed and painted the interior of a 3-bedroom cottage as well as floor and wall tile bathroom.
Chicago, IL 60659
- Background check
- DOJ Smart Search verified
- Social security verified
- Name verified
- Address verified
- Phone verified
- Email verified
- Thumbtack reviewed
- Facebook verified
- Website verified