Washington D.C. knows how to get things done on Thumbtack. From houses cleaned to GRE lessons taught, Thumbtack is helping the Beltway’s best get more done with a hand from the more than 1,800 skilled professionals in our nation’s capital. Whether or not you’re one of the 50,000 Thumbtack customers checking off your to-do list in the D.C. area, here are some of the most interesting projects getting done in D.C.
- GRE tutoring is a stalwart of the Beltway local services economy and 5x more popular in D.C. than the national average.
- Public speaking lessons (no huge surprise) are nearly 4x more popular in Washington D.C. than the rest of the country. Other popular lessons include Arabic (5x the national average) and Russian language instruction.
- Moon bounce rentals are almost 5x more popular in D.C. than the rest of the U.S.
And here are some of the more unusual things D.C. gets done on Thumbtack:
- Coin operated machine repair. The cost of keeping those crisp white button-ups fresh in 95 degree humidity.
- Email management. If anyone ever doubted there were a lot of emails being sent in D.C., here’s proof.
- Table tennis lessons. For those who don’t have the time to make it to the court—the tiny tennis court that comes to you (r office).
- Stilt walker. They say politics can be a circus. We had no clue it would be this literal.
- Russian translation. No comment.
Yep, there’s no doubt we love our nation’s capital—and D.C. loves Thumbtack too. Just how much? See for yourself: