What is your typical process for working with a new customer?
1. Consultation with the client. Usually by phone, to discuss the type of photos the client wants; where the photo session will take place; outfits to wear; and portrait style (fashion, glamour, business, family, etc.).
2. Photo Session. Posing ideas are discussed prior to shooting. On average, between 50 to 100 photos may be taken during the photo shoot depending on the clients needs.
3. Digital Proofs are delivered within 3 - 4 days after the photo session.
4. Client Review. Client may ask for my assistance to help them decide or make suggestions on the best photos.
5. Client Orders. All photos ordered are retouched - printed or delivered on a CD, or uploaded to Dropbox for client downloading.
6. Order completed and delivered to client within 10 days.
How did you get started doing this type of work?
My introduction to photography began with a film making class in junior high school. As a sophomore in high school, I had my first still photo class. After graduation, I knew I wanted to specialize in fashion and portrait photography.
What types of customers have you worked with?
My clients are mostly models, actors, business people, and families. I also have clients who hire me for photo retouching and photo restoration.
What advice would you give a customer looking to hire a provider in your area of work?
When looking to hire a professional photographer, make sure they are experienced and knowledgeable in their art. Price should not be a factor. Most photographers offer several packages to choose from and even allow their client to customize a package to fit their budget. Some studios offer payment plans.
With today's digital technology, everyone is a photographer. The amateur want-to-be's have diluted the art of photography. It simply comes down to the old adage, "You get what you pay for."
What questions should customers think through before talking to professionals about their project?
In additional to being a problem solving photographer, I'm also my own studio manager. As a studio manager, I am well experienced in customer service. This is why I can offer more to a client than other photographers. Many photographers are inept to serving their clients properly. If a client truly wants to hire my services, but cannot afford to pay a lump sum now, no problem. There are payment plans we can work with to make it more affordable. I have several packages to choose from or my clients may customize a package to fit their budget. My goal is to give my clients art they can enjoy and share with others.